• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2020

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
But gold glitters. If we were to really wear gold the jerseys should shimmer like Kylie Minogue's hotpants.

But it's actually wattle gold, the colour of our national flower, the one that gives thousands hay fever every year and is a brilliant yellow in full bloom.

Just saying it can be construed any which way. It's when it's disrespected as canary yellow I take offence.
You do realise that the reference to canary yellow was a 12th man sketch, don’t you?

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Nope. I've only ever heard Kiwis saying it in a derogatory manner.

When I say take offence, I mean mildly annoyed.
Sorry - I am probably a bit older than you, but Billy Birmingham/The Twelfth Man was pretty popular in his day. A number of his the lines from his sketches entered popular dialogue, and not just in Australia. Reference to the Aussie colours as ‘Canary Yellow’ is one of those.

Depending on their ages I would guess the Kiwis who were using the phrase Canary Yellow were possibly making the same reference I was.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Under an article titled “New Zealand Rugby c**cked that up” (regarding Rennie at the Wallabies) statement from Saint Henry:

"I thought the Aussies were pretty unlucky last week to be fair, but isn't it great for the game? Like they've been s**t for years and now they're competitive and I think that's great for Australasian rugby and our interest and I think that'll be good going forward."

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Under an article titled “New Zealand Rugby c**cked that up” (regarding Rennie at the Wallabies) statement from Saint Henry:

"I thought the Aussies were pretty unlucky last week to be fair, but isn't it great for the game? Like they've been s**t for years and now they're competitive and I think that's great for Australasian rugby and our interest and I think that'll be good going forward."
could the memo be passed onto nzru...as one day they might work out helping rather then hindering oz rugby may be in nz rugby’s best interest

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

Actually interesting coming from Ted, as he was on the board that appointed Fozzie! Though can understand what he getting at, just can't see how NZR can employ every good coach that comes out as there not enough teams for them to coach. Also coming from someone who left NZ and came back after coaching an overseas team it not bad is it?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Actually meant to say, I was watching press conference by Wallabies on tv, and have to say I do find Hooper quite good to listen to, I have said it before I know, but he does seem to have a good rugby brain (as well as being a handy player)

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Actually meant to say, I was watching press conference by Wallabies on tv, and have to say I do find Hooper quite good to listen to, I have said it before I know, but he does seem to have a good rugby brain (as well as being a handy player)

According to an article I read recently, he announced at the age of 5 or so that he wanted to be a Wallaby. Presumably he has had a genuine interest in the game from an early age, an interest that those around him shared and nurtured.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
According to an article I read recently, he announced at the age of 5 or so that he wanted to be a Wallaby. Presumably he has had a genuine interest in the game from an early age, an interest that those around him shared and nurtured.
Yeah, his Dad played for Manly back in my day so it was in the blood