• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2020

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
A Super Rugby form XV....

1. Slipper
2. Rangi
3. Ala'alatoa
4. Philip
5. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6. Valetini
7. Samu
8. Naisarani
9. Powell
10. Lolesio
11. DHP
12. Simone
13. Kuridrani
14. Kellaway
15. Banks

I’ve taken liberties with Samu and DHP because I believe they both deserve to be there, and there’s no other clear candidate.
No other clear candidate for 7? Hrmmm

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
1. Slipper
2. F Finger
3. Ala'alatoa
4. Rodda
5. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
6. Valetini
7. Wright (c)
8. Naisarani
9. Powell
10. Lolesio
11. Speight
12. Simone
13. Kuridrani
14. DHP
15. Banks

16. F Finger
17. Rangi
18. Tupou
19. Phillip
20. Wilson
21. McDermott
22. To'omua
23. Kellaway/Pasami

Keep the Brumbies front row together with the Reds locks. Brumbies halves can have first crack along with the two centres. While I don't think Speight will get picked, he's been close to the most consistent Reds back.

Wright has demonstrated some great leadership this year so I would give him the nod to try and lead the new Wallabies.

Rugby Head

Watty Friend (18)
My Team:

1. Slipper
2. Faianga
3. Ala'alatoa
4. Phillip
5. Rodda
6. Samu
7. Hooper (C)
8. Naisarani
9. Nic White
10. Either of To'omua and O'Connor
11. Koribete
12. Either of To'omua and O'Connor
13. Kuridrani
14. DHP or Speight
15. Banks
16. Mafi
17. Sio
18. Tupou (Might even look to start him)
19. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)/ Neville
20. Valentini
21. McDermott
22. Simone
23. Beale

Development players: Bell, Tom Wright, Lolesio, Paisami, Liam Wright and Wilson.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
1. Slipper
2. Faianga
3. Ala'alatoa
4. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
5. Rodda
6. Wilson
7. Hooper (C)
8. Naisarani
9. Nic White
10. Matt To'omua
11. Koribete
12. Stewart
13. Kuridrani
14. Danguru
15. DHP

16. Uelese
17. Sio
18. Tupou
19. Phillip
20. Samu
21. McDermott
22. O'Connor
23. Banks

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Kellaway scored the most tries in the entire competition.
He made 10m per run, beat 16 defenders, made 13 clean breaks only dropped the ball twice and tackled at 70%.
Speight made 6.5m per run, beat 11 defenders, 11 clean breaks, dropped the ball 4 times and tackled at 77%. Aaaand played one more game.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yes, Kellaway has been excellent.
Will Harrison has been the best all around young 10 when you consider he has been playing behind a mullered pack.
Both should be in the squad.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Pure Form XV:
1. Slipper
2. FF (Folau Fainga'a)
3. Tupou
4. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
5. Philip
6. Valetini
7. Wright
8. Wilson
9. McDermott
10. To'omua
11. Speight
12. Stewart
13. Kuridrani
14. Kellaway
15. DHP

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
With all these teams being named there are a lot of different names been thrown into the mix. I reckon in some of the positions you could almost do a coin flip (e.g. Stewart vs Simone at 12, Naisarani vs Wilson at 8, Valetini vs Samu at 6 etc.). Got me thinking about the level of depth we have going into 2021:

Looseheads: Slipper, JP Smith, Sio, Bell
Hookers: Uelese, Rangi, Mafi, Faiingaa
Tightheads: AAA, Tupou, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes)
Locks: LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Rodda, Simmons, Philip (although moving next season)
Six/Eight: Naisarani, Wilson, Valetini, Samu, Wright, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
Seven: Wright, Hooper, McReight, Samu
Halfback: McDermott, Powell, White, Louwrens (maybe)
Tens: To'omua, JOC (James O'Connor), Lolesio, Harrison
Inside: Stewart, Simone, JOC (James O'Connor), To'omua
Outside: TK, Paisami, Petaia
Wing: Koroibete, Speight, Wright, Daugunu, Kellaway, Petaia, Vunivala
Fullback: DHP, Banks

I ordered them in any old way the names popped into my head. Key points:

• Serious depth at loosehead, backrow, centres, and on the wing
  • Fullback, locks and tighthead missing depth but some quality starters there (particularly tighthead)
  • Hooker and halfback with a lot of options but no obvious standouts
  • Finally some genuine options at 10, they'll also get to play behind a monster pack as well.
Major takeaway for me is that 2023 should be a real good chance for us.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
With all these teams being named there are a lot of different names been thrown into the mix. I reckon in some of the positions you could almost do a coin flip (e.g. Stewart vs Simone at 12, Naisarani vs Wilson at 8, Valetini vs Samu at 6 etc.). Got me thinking about the level of depth we have going into 2021:

Locks: LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Rodda, Simmons, Philip (although moving next season)
Six/Eight: Naisarani, Wilson, Valetini, Samu, Wright, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)

• Fullback, locks and tighthead missing depth but some quality starters there (particularly tighthead)
  • Finally some genuine options at 10, they'll also get to play behind a monster pack as well.
I don't remember seeing Samu play 7. Has he, and if so how did he go?

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
From the RWC web site:
The 2023 Rugby World Cup, to be hosted by France, is scheduled to be the tenth men's Rugby World Cup, taking place in the year of the 200th anniversary of the 'invention' of the sport by William Webb Ellis

Could be a big one!
Might start putting away a few francs (since the EU will have tottered into the abyss by then)

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I reckon the stage is set for us to lose a lot of players. A huge decrease in revenue, means a concomitant huge decrease in expenses. There will have to be swingeing cuts across the board, including player salaries.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I reckon the stage is set for us to lose a lot of players. A huge decrease in revenue, means a concomitant huge decrease in expenses. There will have to be swingeing cuts across the board, including player salaries.

Surely this will be Global and not localised to Australia.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
It's hard to predict but England appear to be 'business as usual' so, maybe they won't be hit as hard. Economically at least.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)

Tom Robertson is injured, right. I know he has had some set backs, but he seemed to have plenty of potential. Hopefully whatever is going on with him gets sorted as he would help us with depth at 1.

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
Kellaway scored the most tries in the entire competition.
He made 10m per run, beat 16 defenders, made 13 clean breaks only dropped the ball twice and tackled at 70%.
Speight made 6.5m per run, beat 11 defenders, 11 clean breaks, dropped the ball 4 times and tackled at 77%. Aaaand played one more game.

Without knowing his season stats I would have T Wright clearly ahead of Speight. The ankle breaker he put on Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) yesterday showed what he brings, the x-factor to break open games with footwork and speed. He has suffered due to McKellar's rotation policy with his wingers only starting 3 games. As a reference yesterday he had 3 carries for 3 clean breaks and 3 defenders beaten along with 2 tries.