• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Why? Foketi has been preferred to him by Rennie since the EOYT last year and played well for Australia A. I think he's clearly ahead of Simone in the pecking order.
Agree Foketi is rated higher but I think Simone has performed better over the last two years in Super Rugby. Also has a more rounded game.

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
Agree Foketi is rated higher but I think Simone has performed better over the last two years in Super Rugby. Also has a more rounded game.
Paisami with 10 cm and 10 kgs more would be perfect for the position. Sadly he's just Digby Ioane playing at 12

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Why? Foketi has been preferred to him by Rennie since the EOYT last year and played well for Australia A. I think he's clearly ahead of Simone in the pecking order.

Because Simone had an outstanding super XV season. Depends what your goals are, if it's pick the player with next year in mind then you'd go with Foketi, but if it's simply to pick the best player for the next Test then it's Simone.

Simone was preferred over Foketi until those poor performing tests. Then Foketi was preferred. There is no reason to believe that the super XV season once again change the pecking order back in Simones favor. Especially given how outspoken Rennie was about having good performances against NZ teams which is where Simone shined.

Since Aus A is all about future development, makes sense Simone is not there.

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Is Jock Campbell really 27? Thought he was much younger.

That's because he entered Super a lot older than most players, coming out of club in an injury top up. And proved himself.
Paisami with 10 cm and 10 kgs more would be perfect for the position. Sadly he's just Digby Ioane playing at 12

Do you actually listen to the things you say? Jesus, "just" Digby at 12. And with plenty of experience there. Tends to target hitting the D not the gaps (when did Digby do that?) but OK. We are bereft with being limited to a Digby at 12. Oh and other options. Sheesh. Yes Kerevi is a better option, some numpty put him in 7s for a bit. And yes there are others who may get the gig. Right now though, there is nothing wrong with a Paisami option.

Last edited:

Doritos Day

Johnnie Wallace (23)

I take it back.

RA listen in and listen close. This isn't something you need to dig your heels in on. Just make it 4; do the common sense thing and no one will have any gripes whatsoever. Don't hamstring the national team with your vanity, because someone throwing darts originally decided on 3.

I'll say it again. If the vanity of RA apparatchiks force Koroibete out of the side I hope the team loses every game it plays until there's nothing left.

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
Do you actually listen to the things you say? Jesus, "just" Digby at 12.
Yes I do
Yes Kerevi is a better option, some numpty put him in 7s for a bit. And yes there are others who may get the gig. Right now though, there is nothing wrong with a Paisami option.

I don't think so. The peak of Wallabies under Rennie was the last Rugby Championship, 2 wins in a row against the World champions and then 2 wins in a row against Argentina. In those games Kerevi played at 12 in an astonishing level. I don't count ABs games cause WBs always lose against them.

Then you have the worse performances of WBs under Rennie, the rock bottom. 2021 EOTY, 3 loses in a row against Scotland, England and Wales. The only one that you could really have won was vs Wales. Who did play at 12 in those games? Paisami. A coincidence? I don't think so.

The Europeans defenses are stronger than ever. I mean you can't run throught Irish or French defense. Kerevi is one of the few options to real threat any defense, Paisami is an easy target for them. Just look at the results with Kerevi and Paisami.

Kerevi at 12:
4-0 vs South Africa and Argentina

Paisami at 12:
0-3 vs Scotland, England and Wales

Marce

Greg Davis (50)
Good news for Australia. Guido Petti, the lock in current best form is rule out of the series. The Argie lock who stoled the most line-outs vs Scotland (4), the first jump option in the line and the only Argie player who played the full 3 tests against Scotland (240 minutes)

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I take it back.

Rugby Australia listen in and listen close. This isn't something you need to dig your heels in on. Just make it 4; do the common sense thing and no one will have any gripes whatsoever. Don't hamstring the national team with your vanity, because someone throwing darts originally decided on 3.

I'll say it again. If the vanity of Rugby Australia apparatchiks force Koroibete out of the side I hope the team loses every game it plays until there's nothing left.

I wonder if RA have lost some faith in Rennie. He made it clear this was the best option for the team. And I think the Australian rugby fans just want to see the best team on the paddock.

There is a chance they could just be saying this but in reality will let Kerevi come back into the squad with the other 3, because he is playing Aussie 7s so therefore it’s a kind of loophole.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Good news for Australia. Guido Petti, the lock in current best form is rule out of the series. The Argie lock who stoled the most line-outs vs Scotland (4), the first jump option in the line and the only Argie player who played the full 3 tests against Scotland (240 minutes)
WTF is going on with you? Good news……for who? An injury is good news?

You need to choose a new sport.

Top Bottom