• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Tom Wright is an A Grade disappointment merchant. Stupidest person this side of the equator.
Byron Kelleher is on this side of the equator.

larry-david-unsure.gif

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I like Wright, and I'm still of the opinion that 14. Kellaway and 15. Wright is the preferred way to go.

If strictly considering both for fullback, the question to me is: who brings more balance to a backline of Cooper, Koirobete, Kerevi, Ikitau, and what is likely one of Petaia & Nawaqanitawase.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
I'm not having a go at Wright, who, to be fair, has played well this season.
But this is where players like Kellaway look more "Test" ready. Temperament and making smart decisions under pressure. Wright has all the talent required to be there.
This is it. I know it probably feels to some like this forum gangs up on him, but I don’t mean him any ill will - he’s got so much talent and I’d love for it all to click for him. But we’ll have lots of aces in our backline - I really want a cooler head like Kellaway (who to be fair has oodles of talent too) at the back.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
11. Koro 15. Kellaway 14. Petaia/Nawaqanitawase
Jones has talked about teams not scoring after three phases so why hold the ball.

This indicates that kicking may be a high priority tactic going forward.

The Reds did pretty well in the kicking department against the Chiefs last week and Campbell got a lot of praise, I wonder if Eddie would consider him, he doesn't have a bad history of being injured and does not seem to be an error prone player either.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
For the 4 second row places at the WC, Frost and Skelton are surely locked in, interested to know who they other two would be with Rodda and Phillip having very limited game time this year, Neville in good form this year and Rory Arnold not playing and seems to be disliked by Eddie

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You guys are sleeping on Richie, he’s just as good as Rory - ask Toulouse or watch him on BeIN at 5am this morning v Skelton.

Rodda and Phillip are coming from a long way back of serious injuries and lack of game time. We didn’t see much from them and Eddie will find it hard to trust just training prep. Arnold’s coming off a deep playoff run.

I think both will play in the TRC and maybe Neville but I expect Richie to be the 3rd lock for the RWC.

Last edited:

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I've not seen him play, so can't really make a judgement. I don't think I've got any access to coverage of French rugby.

EDIT: Beg your pardon, I've got it on Kayo. Will watch that tomorrow.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
We keep talking about Rodda, serious question... how much rugby has he actually played in the past 2 years?

I can't help but feel he is way down the list unless he hits the ground running in these aus a / RC games I can't see him getting a spot in what is a highly contested area.