• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
I reckon Foley and O’Connor are playing off for a place in the RWC squad in the A game v Portugal. I heard a couple of days after the squad was released that Kemeny was just a placeholder - the bloke that told me that wasn’t sure who for, but thought it might have been Ikitau. Thinking about it, it was possibly more because Eddie had decided not to persist with Quade, wasn’t sure who to replace him with, but need to announce a 33 man squad. Given Kemeny’s hand injury it wouldn’t surprise to see him on the plane home with the A guys at the expense of one of the aforementioned.
Yes I wouldn’t be surprised if we see some shifty stuff going on over the next few weeks

I have been listening to some South African commentary and they are pretty convinced that Pollard and/or Am will make their way into the squad. They named 4 half backs so they will find a way to get one of them out

Injuries will inevitably happen but will be interesting to see how legit all of these are

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
You know it was quite interesting watching the Wales vs England game - it was mentioned that Steve Borthwick had been putting a lot of effort into changing Eddie's entrenched & deep-rooted 'culture of fear'...

Seems to really be paying dividends given the impressive over Wales with only 12 players on the pitch - shows there must be an outstanding team culture present for a group of players to achieve such an unlikely feat, against the odds.
This aged well

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
I agree but I think they will wait till he is fit and utilise a later inevitable injury for that.
Having watched the Fiji game and even Georgia, there is plenty to think about in those performances. The key thing in both these games is the D or the lack of it in England's case. I am wondering if our D will be good enough against Fiji.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I think one of Englands biggest issues was waiting on flat feet for the Fijians in defence. They get past your shoulders and hit a support runner at speed with an offload and they’re away. If you can take their space the half passes start to bounce off shoulders or going behind the man.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think one of Englands biggest issues was waiting on flat feet for the Fijians in defence. They get past your shoulders and hit a support runner at speed with an offload and they’re away. If you can take their space the half passes start to bounce off shoulders or going behind the man.
Agree Ghost but we have had a problem in terms of our defence, which appears to be based on the old umbrella model and not an attacking plan..

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Pressure 9, 10

They are just OK. We should be trying to go after Lomani as much as possible to ruin good hall.

They do have a good kicker right now which makes them even more annoying. He was slotting pens that we shank.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hansen replaced Palu. He was injured but yeah someone is getting injured, that’s 100%. If it’s in a non-required position Ikitau is coming in surely.

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned, but the Wallabies didn’t have any injuries in the last World Cup…

Obviously times have changed and the current Wallabies could need an entire new squad if they survive the pool.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
AFAIK no injuries from that match.

Gordon can't kick; we've got to do something about it.

Team to play Georgia.

1. Bell
2. Porecki
3. Tupou
4. Frost
5. Skelton
6. Hooper
7. Gleeson
8. Valetini
9. McDermott
10. Gordon
11. Koroibete
12. Donaldson
13. Perese
14. Vunivalu
15. Petaia

16. Faessler
17. Slipper
18. Pone
19. Arnold
20. Leota
21. McReight
22. White
23. Kellaway

Give Petaia a go at 15, see what he does at Test level there. Let's see if Vunivalu can back up that performance too.

Linerunner2023

Fred Wood (13)
AFAIK no injuries from that match.

Gordon can't kick; we've got to do something about it.

Team to play Georgia.

1. Bell
2. Porecki
3. Tupou
4. Frost
5. Skelton
6. Hooper
7. Gleeson
8. Valetini
9. McDermott
10. Gordon
11. Koroibete
12. Donaldson
13. Perese
14. Vunivalu
15. Petaia

16. Faessler
17. Slipper
18. Pone
19. Arnold
20. Leota
21. McReight
22. White
23. Kellaway

Give Petaia a go at 15, see what he does at Test level there. Let's see if Vunivalu can back up that performance too.
Quade may be handy right not for kicking
Hopefully this isn’t the beginning of the end for gorden
Kerevi over Donaldson