• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Whilst I am sure both Pocock at 2 and Hooper at 12/13 would have had some level of success, I think the only thing we can be certain of if these things happened is that Liam Gill would have played a lot more tests. And that someone would now be saying similar things about him.

Anyways, back to 2023.

noscrumnolife

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Gee whiz you'd hope Frost can get back soon. Would love to see Skelton, Arnold, Frost at 6, Hooper at 7 w Valentini for a pack weight just shy of 1 ton and tall fellas.

If we get our maul firing and stay healthy set-piece can take us far.

rugbyAU

Arch Winning (36)
Anyone else think Kellaway should still be 15 particulary due to his rugby smarts & defence, I think Donaldson will be exposed in these areas against the better teams

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Anyone else think Kellaway should still be 15 particulary due to his rugby smarts & defence, I think Donaldson will be exposed in these areas against the better teams
Unless someone else steps up and can kick the goals, I don't think he will get the chance

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Think this might be a bit of a beat up at this stage, the report I saw said the Japanese Union was talking to him and he said he'd get back to them after the world cup. I really doubt Eddie would be looking to quit and take on Japan, he may however be keeping his options open if it all goes south and he gets the sack.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
How do the Japanese media and public tolerate Jones? He did say he would be gone after the RWC win or lose, but he says a lot of things off the cuff.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
How do the Japanese media and public tolerate Jones? He did say he would be gone after the RWC win or lose, but he says a lot of things off the cuff.
Jones definitely tailors his attitude for the audience, I think his a lot more respectful in Japan, while still being very Jones.. his quite blunt to British and Aussie media.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I would think it is unlikely, we have the Lions and a home RWC coming up

It looks to me all his decisions seem to be about building a team around those goals. I don't think he would have removed so much experience without the following years in mind

Kemeny could have been Hooper
Donaldson could have Hodge
Jorgensen could have been Cooper
Fines-Leleiwasa could have been Gordon

Each could have been justified on the experience they add in to those tough moments

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I would think it is unlikely, we have the Lions and a home RWC coming up

It looks to me all his decisions seem to be about building a team around those goals. I don't think he would have removed so much experience without the following years in mind

Kemeny could have been Hooper
Donaldson could have Hodge
Jorgensen could have been Cooper
Fines-Leleiwasa could have been Gordon

Each could have been justified on the experience they add in to those tough moments
I'm actually pretty happy with each of Eddie's picks in this group.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
And, BR, perhaps less so with
Uelese over Lonergan
Arnold over Neville
Gleeson over Samu
IFL over Lonergan
Donaldson over Lolesio
Jorgensen over Wright
If so, I might add, in most cases I would agree with you

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Coogee Oval Community Custodian Meeting required.
Reports Eddie Jones is considering taking the Japan job post RWC.
This can’t happen.
Via a Wallabies spokesperson, Jones said the report was bullshit and gossip”.

Bobcat54

Allen Oxlade (6)
And, BR, perhaps less so with
Uelese over Lonergan
Arnold over Neville
Gleeson over Samu
IFL over Lonergan
Donaldson over Lolesio
Jorgensen over Wright
If so, I might add, in most cases I would agree with you
Anyone aware of the chances of Jorgensen starting (without anyone else being injured)