• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
At the very, very least it would have given us the option of having a goalkicker at 10 which means we can pick one of our most consistent backline players at 15.

It's not like he would have been obligated to play, for eg, Quade if he brought him. Just provides an option.

Anyway - yeah, wouldn't have made much difference. Just doesn't make any sense to me and seems indicative of EJ (Eddie Jones) (Eddie Jones) being an absolute lunatic.

They would have if he was playing better, he wasn't

dru

Tim Horan (67)
None of the other options showed enough to justify their selection, they are all meh in their own unique areas

I can't believe any of the options left out would have done anything better

Unless one of them have shown some magical powers in the last month to succeed off back foot ball

A 10 struggling is a symptom of the forwards struggling

Any one of Quade, Foley or JOC (James O'Connor) would very likely have been able to calm things considerably better than Gordon did here.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Any one of Quade, Foley or JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) would very likely have been able to calm things considerably better than Gordon did here.
I would have preferred JOC (James O'Connor) in the squad, but that was over Foteki (I thought JOC (James O'Connor) was the form aus based 12 this season - but he wasn't and there we go)

Quade and Foley would have ended up standing closer to 15 than the 9 as Tuisova went hunting for them

Reactions: dru

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
World Cups are not trials for future World Cups and that is what Eddie is doing with this World Cup. So many young and inexperienced players who are just not good enough for international rugby. They may in a year or two's time but not now. We have quality players at home sitting back laughing but no doubt disappointed they aren't there representing their country.
A month or twos time…..like everyone else.

wamberal99

Syd Malcolm (24)
Any one of Quade, Foley or JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) would very likely have been able to calm things considerably better than Gordon did here.

Yep, turn the clock back. Don't forget to pack their crutches.

Last edited:

Penriff_boy

Billy Sheehan (19)
This might trigger some people on here.

But how would you guys feel if Rugby Australia went 'Woke' . Would that save Rugby? Having the game ruled by the old white egotistical men doesn't seem to be working.

We could bring in a Female CEO, or a CEO with little rugby experience and try make the game more appealing to different demographics.

Goosestep

Syd Malcolm (24)

But how would you guys feel if Rugby Australia went 'Woke' . Would that save Rugby? Having the game ruled by the old white egotistical men doesn't seem to be working.

We could bring in a Female CEO, or a CEO with little rugby experience and try make the game more appealing to different demographics.
Bro do you ever stop trolling

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

200w.gif

HooperPocockSmith

Bill Watson (15)
I disagree with the comments RE the lack of talent in Australian Rugby. Rather, it's poor development and coaching across the board. There is no way Ireland has a greater talent pool—case in point - Mac Hansen. He was hardly a world-beater at the Brums, but given the right development and proper system(s), he is one of world rugby's best wingers. The vast majority of Irish players come from a handful of schools - not too dissimilar to our catchment. I'm not condoning this narrow selection, but rather, it shows that it is possible to develop talent even as a minor sport.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
These are all hot takes...

I wonder what the Betoota has to say:

RA Board Members Consider Replacing Wallabies Coach Mid-World-Cup For Sugar Hit Confidence Boost​

It is not yet known if Eddie Jones will be placed on the chopping block just yet, but one thing is for certain is the very real problems he has inherited are now his – and only his problems.

That is, in the eyes of the shiraz conservatives who have driven this once powerful institution into the wall at full pace, in their efforts to maintain the gentlemanly exclusivity that made them feel so important in the nineties.

HooperPocockSmith

Bill Watson (15)
To illustrate, here is the Irish team with their school listed alongside from the weekend's game vs Tonga:

Hugo Keenan - Blackrock College
Mack Hansen - Australia
Garry Ringrose - Blackrock College
Bundee Aki - New Zealand
James Lowe - New Zealand
Johnny Sexton (captain) - St Mary's
Conor Murray - St Munchin's Limerick
Caelan Doris - Blackrock College
Josh van der Flier - Wesley College
Peter O'Mahony - Presentation College Cork
Tadhg Beirne - Clongowes
Tadhg Furlong - Good Counsel College
Ronan Kelleher - St Michael's College
Andrew Porter - St Andrew's

Replacements:
Rob Herring - South Africa
Dave Kilcoyne - Ardscoil Ris
Finlay Bealham - Australia
Iain Henderson - Belfast Royal Academy
Ryan Baird - St Michael's College
Craig Casey - Ardscoil Ris
Ross Byrne - St Michael's
Robbie Henshaw - Marist College, Athlone

In bold are the schools I would consider equivalent to the GPS/CAS/ISA/AIC.