• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Oh White is a good shout. Hes excellent and a proper pest which is what you want in your 9.

Plus mo.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Wowsers. Not completely surprised but Vunivalu???? Tate needs a gee up. All the carry on about Wilson is overrated. I don’t like him as a player and others selected are far in front. Donaldson over JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) is strange and maybe another gee up. Good on Flook. Carter Gordon and Jorgensen.
Vunivalu - Eddie will assess at camp.
Tate - not sure if it’s a gee up. Friday?
Wilson - needs to show the Brumbies too
Donaldson - EJ (Eddie Jones) and his father go way back
JOC (James O'Connor) - hasn’t been playing well
Flook - best 13 behind Ikitau
Carter Gordon - deservedly in on form
Jorgensen - 2027 World Cup

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If you were picking a test team tomorrow based on players in Australia you could genuinely pick Jorgensen in the 23. I think his form has been incredible.

The try he set up against the Brumbies was pretty special. His subtle shift while the ball was in the air to get outside his defender before receiving the pass is so good and then he's got genuine pace to outrun the cover and then made a good pass to finish the try.

He has been very good under the high ball and solid in defence as well.

Confucius Say

Nev Cottrell (35)
Never have been a fan of Ned Hanigan or Reece Walsh but they are better players in 2023. So hats off to them both. But don’t think they go to France.

lpd

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Regarding Tate, it is worth bearing in mind that Eddie had a heap of good 9s at his disposal yet always same back to Ben Youngs, and an old Willi Heinz eventually. Live wires like Robson, Randall and Mitchell (Care was eventually discarded too) would get at most a few minutes then be discarded. Maybe doesn’t bode well for Tate…

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Never have been a fan of Ned Hanigan or Reece Walsh but they are better players in 2023. So hats off to them both. But don’t think they go to France.
Have we signed another Mungo ?
IMG_0116.jpeg

Misunderstood fan

Jimmy Flynn (14)
We can agree to disagree. Let me first say that being the best defensive 10 in Australia does not say much at the moment. Lynagh, Donaldson, Lolesio .... Stewart can defend but the jury is still out on wether or not he is a 10 or a 12. Gordon makes good strong tackles when players are running directly at him or when he has the chance to line them up. He can not deal with players that has good foot work and acceleration. Drua picked up on this and exploited it on multiple occasions. Believe all the top teams in the world will exploit this weakness in his game as well. Maybe he can fix this or maybe it is just his hight/lanky built that makes it difficult for him to change direction.
There’s no better tackler at #10 including QC (Quade Cooper) and Foley. They all go hiding except Gordon.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Donaldson needs to be the #10.
1st post, I see. Welcome. Maybe elaborate on the statement as to the attributes that suggest that? Not arguing with you but making sure this is not an attempt to stir up an already somewhat volatile issue.

Waleed Aly

Banned
1st post, I see. Welcome. Maybe elaborate on the statement as to the attributes that suggest that? Not arguing with you but making sure this is not an attempt to stir up an already somewhat volatile issue.
We need someone we can settle with for the future, he wants the jersey and wants to be here long term.

If it were up to me though, i would throw some money bags at Matt Burton. He's a player we need.