• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Seems stupid.

All 3 teams could have played in a mini round robin tournament hosted in Japan, rather than playing the same team twice.
This is where the shitslinging from McLennan around Super's viability really did us no favours. By no means am I suggesting we should bow to every demand, but it would be wise to keep an amicable relationship with our closest rugby partner. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer, etc.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
This is where the shitslinging from McLennan around Super's viability really did us no favours. By no means am I suggesting we should bow to every demand, but it would be wise to keep an amicable relationship with our closest rugby partner. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer, etc.

it goes both ways, NZ Rugby showed Australian Rugby fans no respect with the Aratipu Report, likewise South Africa.

McLennans shitslinging resulted in Australia keeping all 5 teams and a more equitable agreement when it comes to pooling and selling broadcast rights.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
He's playing some of his best footy right now at 15.
I think he is just playing good footy and keen to see how he goes against us tomorrow. Wallabies are in need of a high quality winger to match Koro. There are a few good wingers around atm but he has something special and it is speed, size and skill.

stillmissit

Chilla Wilson (44)
With 4 tests only available before the squad is selected/announced, is there a real opportunity for Eddie to run a proper trial there for the three players? Does he give them a full test each and only then has the fourth test to see his team on the field? Is that fair on the player up against the ABs compared to the one against the Argies? Does he give them half a game each? Is that fair on the one(s) playing the first half and would the one playing the second half have an advantage?

I reckon Eddie hasn't got the time to be doing trials like that. IMO he will have to at least reduce the options to 2 where he might run one against the Argies and ABs, and the other against the Saffas and ABs. But in all likelihood, he will need to have made his mind up before the first test as to what his best XV and XXIII are and be using the few tests available to be bedding those players into their roles. In the long run, I reckon his XV and XXIII will look essentially the same as they would have been had Dave Rennie been retained until the Cup.
Not convinced about the Dave Rennie opinion but we will find out. Think you are right about Eddie picking his strongest team and then doing minor changes to that group upto the RWC. If a player doesn't make that first cut their chances diminish dramatically subject to injury or course.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
There is really a right place to post this but it's partially relevant to Wallabies 2023 so here will do - Koroibete is in a World XV playing against the BaaBaas at Twickenham on May 26th. The BaaBaas are being coached by Eddie. The inclusion of another ex-Wallabies winger in the World XV is interesting also, especially as it's coached (and presumably selected) by Steve Hansen.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
There is really a right place to post this but it's partially relevant to Wallabies 2023 so here will do - Koroibete is in a World XV playing against the BaaBaas at Twickenham on May 26th. The BaaBaas are being coached by Eddie. The inclusion of another ex-Wallabies winger in the World XV is interesting also, especially as it's coached (and presumably selected) by Steve Hansen.

I find the Eddie vs Izzy reporting on this a bit of a beat up. As far as I'm aware Eddie has never coached Folau, he wasn't involved with RA at the same time and Folau is ineligible for the Wallabies so it's not likely there.is some history there. It's really just an attempt to cash in on controversy clicks Folau name brings.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So you continue to say. Some examples if you will? And the no arms tackle and ball throw against the Canes don't count because they were not picked up and had no detrimental affect on the game.
That’s not how it works..

Swinton did nothing wrong, it had no detrimental effect on that game.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
On the ABC Radio show Can You Be More Pacific hosted by Sera Naiqama and Dene Halatau, they interviewed Mark Nawaqanitawase. It was a pretty good listen. He comes across as a really good guy. Starts at about the 12 minutes 40 seconds mark.

young gun

Fred Wood (13)
I'm a bit lost - what has Swinton got to do with Wright?

BR's proposition, above, is that in the Hurricanes game Tom Wright wasn't penalised for the no arms tackle on the hooker or for throwing the ball away when tackled into touch. As a result they no influence on the game and so we shouldn't be concerned by it. Qwerty51 is merely saying that Swinton wasn't penalised for his tackle in the Force game, so it had no influence on it and as an extension of the proposition from BR, we should be ok with him doing it again.

The things you get away with are the concern because you don't learn from it. You'll do it again and you will get caught next time.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
BR's proposition, above, is that in the Hurricanes game Tom Wright wasn't penalised for the no arms tackle on the hooker or for throwing the ball away when tackled into touch. As a result they no influence on the game and so we shouldn't be concerned by it. Qwerty51 is merely saying that Swinton wasn't penalised for his tackle in the Force game, so it had no influence on it and as an extension of the proposition from BR, we should be ok with him doing it again.

The things you get away with are the concern because you don't learn from it. You'll do it again and you will get caught next time.
Ah. OK, I see.
Although Swinton got 7 weeks so I'd rather he didn't do it again, if and when he plays.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Is he signed for next season? Could probably use that cap on someone a little more reliable. Wallabies and Tahs.
I don't know, probably. Could be a really good player if he could reign in the stupidity. But he really does not seem to have the intent to do that - the indiscretions are disturbingly repetitive in their nature. Liability.
There's far more upside in Wright, who has mercurial ability and his occasional dumb things are just dumb, not foul play.