• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2023

Linerunner2023

Fred Wood (13)
After tearing up schoolboy footy in year 9/10 and making AUS schoolboys in year 10, you have little confidence in what he will offer? Your point about him playing for the wallabies this year is warranted, but you can't deny this kid has incredible talent and will do wonders for union.
Many kids are great against other kids until they come up with the adults
Early maturers
Until I see him make tacklers moving laterally, jump got the ball on high kicks, pass a ball, make a step of fend in attack I’ll keep my thoughts and so will
Most who watch rugby league
If he turns out good well great
I personally rate Marky N and jorgo well in front of Sua'ali'i atm

Linerunner2023

Fred Wood (13)
Woulda-shoulda-coulda? The problem is that not every sportsman returns from ACL with the same speed he had before it. I'm hoping that Kerevi does indeed "get there". But I'm not convinced it is automatic. We have not seen any chance for him to play rugby before the Wallabies and it is a pretty poor place for him to be proving his fitness. So far without success.
Without success? He has still been solid and if ikatau does not get injured he would have not been moved to 13 and having to do as much laterally
We saw haw far of a fall it was to Paisami and Foketi so I’ll take a 75% Kerevi over any other 12 we have so far
There is still 10 weeks until RWC so every week he will get better

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Early maturers
Until I see him make tacklers moving laterally, jump got the ball on high kicks, pass a ball, make a step of fend in attack I’ll keep my thoughts and so will
I have to disagree with you here. I watch a lot of League and he’s an outstanding talent and has been since he was 17 with the Roosters. Not many at that team right now are enhancing their reputation so it’s hard to come down on a teenager. Most of his peers are in NSW cup at best.

Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) and Max are tremendous talents and Rugby will be in a good place with them involved I hope.

My thoughts are if Joseph was in Rugby right now he’d be first in line for the 13 jersey with Ikitau out.

Last edited:

Linerunner2023

Fred Wood (13)
I have to disagree with you here. I watch a lot of League and he’s an outstanding talent and has been since he was 17 with the Roosters. Not many at that team right now are enhancing their reputation so it’s hard to come down on a teenager. Most of his peers are in NSW cup at best.

Mark N (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase) and Max are tremendous talents and Rugby will be in a good place with them involved I hope.

My thoughts are if Joseph was in Rugby right now he’d be first in like for the 13 jersey with Ikitau out.
I hope he does come good
He looked better last year on the wing and World Cup
My main point was yes he did well in year 9 and 10 at school but a lot of early maturing / Pacific Islander kids do when they look like men against boys
My challenge for him is he needs to round out his game not just being a big kid who runs through kids but learning patterns, plays, defending, passing
Others like Tyrone taukamo looked like world beaters at school as well

if he was next in line to be the 13 I would be licking my lips if I was reiko Ioane, he can’t move laterally and currently misses 2-3 tackles a game
Getting beaten on the outside my Moses Suli, there will be plenty of faster centres in rugby

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I hope he does come good
My main point was yes he did well in year 9 and 10 at school but a lot of early maturing / Pacific Islander kids do when they look like men against boys
My challenge for him is he needs to round out his game not just being a big kid who runs through kids but learning patterns, plays, defending, passing

if he was next in line to be the 13 I would be licking my lips if I was reiko Ioane, he can’t move laterally and currently misses 2-3 tackles a game
Getting beaten on the outside my Moses Suli, there will be plenty of faster centres in rugby
Tbf Reiko is probably licking is lips at the potential of Perese or a slow Kerevi.

Get your point though. Someone so talented at such an early stage shows an understanding of the game as much as a physical ability to play it. He’ll continue to develop.

Linerunner2023

Fred Wood (13)
Thoughts on the play so far
SA B side was a lot better then their A side, they used the ball and their backline unlike their main side who is to under the faf / pollard handing over possession and hope the other team makes a mistake
SA have plenty of depth but their B team outplayed their A side easily

bled cup could go 2 ways
Wallabies cop a hiding or may turn into a grind of NZ are not quite as good as they have been

how do the wallabies stand a chance?
1. aim up in the forward pack
2. Need Quade to guide us through and Kerevi to have a big one
3. Abit of luck

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Early maturers
Did you carry this same attitude with Jorgensen? Or is it just because Sua'ali'i plays rugby league?

D'Lite Full

Bill Watson (15)
It has been probably been raised but the All Blacks v Wallabies Test in Dunedin is on at 12:35pm AEST.
Not sure this is great scheduling for those who like to attend their local Colts and Club team's games in Sydney and Brisbane.
"But we are connecting to grassroots!"

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
That's because it's Rennie's team & Eddie is ultimately still figuring out how to understand Rennie's team... that's a bit of a problem, eh?

After 3 constructive years Rennie knew his team very well... which buttons to push... how to get the most out of his big names - do you think it's a coincidence that Cooper, Kerevi, Koroibete, Valentini, etc.. are all playing worse under Eddie?

Do you think Rugby Australia now understand the importance of familiarity, cohesion & alignment in a coaching staff this close to a World Cup?
If he knew his team so well, why’d he lose so often lol

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
It has been probably been raised but the All Blacks v Wallabies Test in Dunedin is on at 12:35pm AEST.
Not sure this is great scheduling for those who like to attend their local Colts and Club team's games in Sydney and Brisbane.
"But we are connecting to grassroots!"

It doesn't clash with the NPC and that's all NZ will care about.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Without success? He has still been solid and if ikatau does not get injured he would have not been moved to 13 and having to do as much laterally
We saw haw far of a fall it was to Paisami and Foketi so I’ll take a 75% Kerevi over any other 12 we have so far
There is still 10 weeks until RWC so every week he will get better

You've seen success from Kerevi in terms of play or his speed? He's not at 75%.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I hope he does come good

You realise the NRL is full of men right?

Marce

John Thornett (49)
SA B side was a lot better then their A side, they used the ball and their backline unlike their main side who is to under the faf / pollard handing over possession and hope the other team makes a mistake
SA have plenty of depth but their B team outplayed their A side easily
You can't be serious. One team faced the current WBs and the other faced the raising motherf*ckers ABs. SA A would have look better against a lower opposition