• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
If you think by super rugby champion, a 10 who has taken the Wallabies to a World Cup final and is having a good season is Donno than you just affirm to everyone that you are fucking clueless
No. Donaldson was your ’better back up’ option, not mine. LOL

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
IMG_8952.gif

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
So if it’s not Donno or QC (Quade Cooper) (Quade Cooper), it’s Foley??
And you couldn’t get that from

A. A super rugby champion (how many current Aus 10s can lay claim to that? Max 4 if you count Super rugby AU)

B. A player who has taken the Wallabies through to a WC final

C. Fully fit

D. Coming off a good year?

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
He almost single handedly defeated SA last year and was coming back off a major injury. Was not given time to get back in form. Without question much more worthy of a punt that some freckled kid who had a couple of average test caps under his belt. Both should have gone BTW.
And as stated, having he and the likes of Hooper in and around the squad would make a huge difference. If the young blokes then deserved selection ahead of them then no problem. Not including them was just incredibly arrogant and short sighted.
I'm loath to dive into this debate but what you've said here is entirely wrong. Noah Lolesio was at 10 for our win over South Africa last year, Quade had already done his achilles over in Argentina at that stage.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'm loath to dive into this debate but what you've said here is entirely wrong. Noah Lolesio was at 10 for our win over South Africa last year, Quade had already done his achilles over in Argentina at that stage.
I think he means 2021

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
He never played South Africa last year…
It was 2021 when he first came back. You know the game I mean. Let’s not split hairs. The bloke lifted our game as soon as he returned and then after a major injury last year, like Kerevi, put in the hard yards to be available for this world cup.
It may be that he was not the one we needed but we did need another experienced 10. Cooper, Foley, Lolesio…….take your pick.
Thats the point and Jones failure to take at least one of them instead of Donaldson was a travesty.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Eddie job is safe because of his pay packet and length of contract - it would look equally maddening tearing up a contract that long.

Can all you losers still talking about Quade cooper take your chatter over to the wallabies 2023??? thread. This thread is wallabies 2024 and beyond “the future not our toxic past”

QC (Quade Cooper) will never play for wallabies again.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
And you couldn’t get that from

A. A super rugby champion (how many current Aus 10s can lay claim to that? Max 4 if you count Super rugby AU)

B. A player who has taken the Wallabies through to a WC final

C. Fully fit

D. Coming off a good year?
You wanna complain about choking and then you champion the guy who single-handedly cost the Wallabies a win against the ABs last year? LMAO

I mean sure - I would have taken Foley over Donaldson. Would you take QC (Quade Cooper) over your man Donno?

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
He was fit to play vs Georgia. It wasn't a matter of Eddie not wanting to risk him, he genuinely thought he wasn't deserving of a place in the squad. Anyone defending Jones, as Doran has laughably done on the roar today, needs to have a think about this.

He has just exposed his source of all his breaking stories

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
Forget Eddie - he isn't going anywhere. All assistants except for Palmer have to be replaced next year.

The most important thing that needs to happen is for Eddie to bring in a highly credentialed defense coach.

In 2003 Jones had the pioneering & innovative Muggleton as defense coach, McKenzie coached the forward pack.

Ideally Simon Cron forwards, Palmer set piece, Larkam backs/attack - but Phil Blake to coach the defense must be No.1 priority.

Last edited: