• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Might as well start this off. Time to start afresh and move on from all the old heads. I don't think the Giteau law has done anything for us.

I'd like to see a 35 man squad like this come next July: (You can bag it out, but it's not like this current team has worked)

Props - AAA, Tupou, Nonggorr, Bell, Gibbon, Schoupp

Hookers - BPA, Faessler, Lonergan

Second Row - Rodda, Skelton, Frost, Salakai-Loto

Backrow - Gleeson, Wilson, Valentini, T. Hooper, Leota, McReight

Halfbacks - McDermott, Lonergan, IFL

Flyhalves - Gordon, Lolesio, Lynagh/Harrison

Centres - Foketi, Ikitau, Paisami, Perese

Outside Backs - Jorgensen, Vunivalu, Petaia, Nawaqanitawase, Kellaway, Wright

Last edited:

footy1>31

Ted Thorn (20)
good time to re-litigate the entire 4 year cycle and how we have dug such a deep deep hole. hated how players were gifted games in 2020 and players who could contribute to test wins were cast aside. sadly that has already happened with many left at home that could have been meaningful contributors. we are not good to enough to rebuild, just pick the best players that will win the next game.

Wallabies

Frank Nicholson (4)
This loss could be what we needed (Rugby Australia), hopefully a wake up call and inflicts some serious change starting from grass roots. We need investment in rugby clubs so that parents dont have to pay $600 for a season compared to $30 at league clubs. We've got four years to make something happen.

lpd

Jimmy Flynn (14)
honestly just have a semi pro competition, maybe joint with NZ, maybe three super rugby teams, central contracts for players, share players around the teams, and have one plan for how each team is coached.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Might as well start this off. Time to start afresh and move on from all the old heads. I don't think the Giteau law has done anything for us.

I'd like to see a 35 man squad like this come next July: (You can bag it out, but it's not like this current team has worked)

Props - AAA, Tupou, Nonggorr, Bell, Gibbon, Robertson

Hookers - BPA, Porecki, Lonergan

Second Row - Rodda, Skelton, Frost, Salakai-Loto

Backrow - Gleeson, Wilson, Valentini, T. Hooper, Leota, McReight

Halfbacks - McDermott, Lonergan, IFL

Flyhalves - Gordon, Donaldson, Lynagh

Centres - Kerevi, Ikitau, Paisami, Flook

Outside Backs - Jorgensen, Korobiete, Petaia, Nawaqanitawase, Kellaway, Wright
Donno can’t be considered at 10

NCT

Herbert Moran (7)
Kerevi has offered little this year, thought he was just slowly getting back from injury during the RC games but not much has changed. Time to move on from him. We don't seem to get much benefit from his experience. Now really is the time to focus on future development.