• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2024

noscrumnolife

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Cannot believe some of the things I have read about the Wallabies job being unattractive.

If Rugby Australia can promise appropriate changes off-field to any new Wallabies coach they will have their pick of the litter. The only thing that will stop them having so is if they refuse to make the changes to the performance environment that all our coaches back to Deans have been asking for. And that realistically shouldn't be hard, every franchise is already onboard for high-performance (eg Wallabies) centralisation.

Be real. It's a (very) well-paid job in a lovely country. There are more top level coaches than their our countries available to coach. You can't afford to wait around for a better opportunity and coaches don't do that. Good coaches are also attracted to a challenge, they back their own abilities. FFS, if you commit to this job you coach a Lions Series and a Home World Cup. I cannot imagine a more attractive proposition than that.

Last edited:

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
every franchise is already onboard for high-performance (eg Wallabies) centralisation.

NEEEEEEEIGH
Screenshot_20231012-144334.png

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Good point from Paul cully….
“In any other circumstance, RA would look to re-set the narrative and make a clean coaching change for the next four-year cycle. Indeed, they’d probably have done so with Rennie right about now had they not gone a year early. The man originally earmarked to replace Rennie, Dan McKellar, would still be the top choice.”

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Coaching international rugby for WOBs should be easy as. Just chuck the brumbies in the deep end plus a few extra carriers like Bell, Tupou, Paisami and Nawaqanitawase. Replace a couple of bodies as team balance, form and individual temperament become evident.
And there was a team that could easily have made the quarters.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Blow everything up pick the best coach available & if all srpac sides miss the finals so be it! If & I maintain if the AB’s loose this weekend what does it say about ‘our style’

I can’t find the article anywhere but a form ab coach said frans malherbe would struggle to make a srpac side in nz he’s the bloody best 3 in the world!

did we all not learn anything from the wales game? Try bp are ‘cool’ but f me I’d rather be cool playing this week kicking goals than crying

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I know this be a bit heretical, but I would prefer RA

1 Get agreement on common goals as to common style of play, get a plan together for a longer form Super Rugby - AU based or extension of current trans/NZ format, don't care, they need more games
2 Get a central contracting system - no warehousing (we don't have enough quality for the Tahs to have 3 good 10s or the ponies have a load of locks etc etc - I like the NZ system - each side picks a core 25, the rest are available to the other sides to become part of their 25), the states are a feeder system for the national side - simple
3 Get a director of rugby to implement the style of play, fitness expectations etc across the country (and fire those not meeting standards)
4 Get a national coach employed to coach the agreed style of play