• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 31 Man Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Some jokes in that squad.

Kepu over Palmer
Timani over Douglas
Dennis over anyone
JOC (James O'Connor) over Cooper as a 10

Australian rugby is being destroyed.

you can't be surprised with cooper, surely. that was foreseen from ages ago.
douglas was interesting, but i don't think it is as surprising as you note. horwill was the only guaranteed second row and it was discussed on here that it was between simmons, timani and douglas for the next spots. i imagine either douglas or pyle will get called up in the remaining 6

Scotty

David Codey (61)
1. Benn Robinson (Ben Alexander)
2. Stephen Moore (Saia Fainga'a)
3. James Slipper (Sekope Kepu)
4. James Horwill (Rob Simmons)
5. Sitaleki Timani
6. Ben Mowen (Dave Dennis)
7. Michael Hooper (Liam Gill)
8. Wycliff Palu (Scott Higginbotham)
9. Will Genia
10. James O'Connor
11. Digby Ioane
12. Christian Lealiifano (Rob Horne)
13. Adam Ashley-Cooper
14. Joe Tomane (Nick Cummins)
15. Berrick Barnes (Israel Folau)

I will guess the 6 added are Hugh McMeniman, Kane Douglas, Luke Burgess, Ben Tapuai, Drew Mitchell, and either Quade Cooper or Kurtley Beale.

He will add McCabe.

Tapuai and Mitchell don't deserve to be there.

Try-ranosaurus Rex

Darby Loudon (17)
I will guess the 6 added are Hugh McMeniman, Kane Douglas, Luke Burgess, Ben Tapuai, Drew Mitchell, and either Quade Cooper or Kurtley Beale.
I don't think that's far wrong. We may see both White and Burgess in the hunt...

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
So is McCabe in the Squad or is Dennis?

Because the wallabies twitter is saying one thing, and all the reports are saying something else.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
you can't be surprised with cooper, surely. that was foreseen from ages ago.
douglas was interesting, but i don't think it is as surprising as you note. horwill was the only guaranteed second row and it was discussed on here that it was between simmons, timani and douglas for the next spots. i imagine either douglas or pyle will get called up in the remaining 6

I'm not surprised but that doesn't make it ok.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I can do better. Give me a few minutes.

Try this one on for size:

nb9E8.jpg

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)

Looks like there will be one more lock, but no other forwards.
There will be one or two more scum halves, another winger and two more centres imo.

D

daz

Haven't seen much of Burgess in Europe..has his passing improved since he was last in Gold?

You mean, has he eliminated that little sideways two-step that telegraphs his intent before he unleashes a pass that may or may not hit the target?

No.

But he is still far above Phipps.

Tigger

Peter Burge (5)
It's hard to tell because they play a totally different style over there, he still has the excellent defence and running ability

Yeh I rated that aspect of his game...

Tigger

Peter Burge (5)
What about Burgo's meerkating? I remember that was a constant critique of his playing style...

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Not if he falls off easy tackles. First try last night was an absolute sitter.

I reckon he will make it anyway Robbie is just sending him a clear message.

Cooper outplayed Genia by a good margin last night and has slipped off 1 tackle but was otherwise very good in D again. You could find footage of every player in that squad falling off a similar tackle this year. Some players are judged to a different standard.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Congratulations to Robbie for selecting 120kg of I can't jump in Tamani over Douglas. Nick White has just taken one up the arse and it appears Luke Burgess will be Rocky Elsom mark two. That just smells foul to me. As bad a taste it leaves, we expected the Cooper non selection and I doubt he will make the final six despite the bullshit Deans dribbled out in the press conference.

Enough said and now time to log off and calm down.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
I reckon the first test team Deans selects will be:

1. Robinson (Alexander)
  2. Moore (Fainga'a)
  3. Slipper (Kepu)
  4. Horwill but will wear #5 and captain
  5. Timani (Simmons)
  6. Higginbotham
  7. Gill (Hooper)
  8. Palu
  9. Genia (Burgess)
  10. JOC (James O'Connor) (Barnes)
  11. Ioane
  12. Horne (Lealiifano)
  13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
  14. Cummins
  15. Folau

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Sounds as if Deans wants to see Cooper play against the Lions for QLD
ARU said all players in the squad will be rested and not play in mid week games.

Reds went nuts and said we can't sell out Suncorp without Cooper.

ARU said OK we'll omit him from the 25 squad but he'll have to prove himself in that Reds vs. Lions game.

I made all of that up, but it makes for a fun conspiracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.