• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 31 Man Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
I reckon Beale will be rushed back into the Ws as flyhalf. JOC (James O'Connor) to the back 3 with Tomane (maybe Barnes) and Folau.

My personal opinion but I think it would be disgraceful if Beale walks back into the team. He is not the aboriginal poster boy the ARU want him to be.

ps before anyone starts taking pot shots at me about being a racist, im actually blacker then Beale. Just calling it how I see it.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
From the Tah's last night what chances of having Hooper in if only so he could cover a back at a pinch - have a 5/2 bench?? He seems that he could easily be a 12 or a winger as he does have some pace. Not sure about his passing though - if he could pass - say in the George Smith way he would be a good possible reserve back.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What's wrong with his passing? He passed to Betham last night and set up the Barnes try against the Brumbies.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Timani with a suspected broken thumb
not sure what that means re lions tour but could be an opening for one of or both of douglas and pyle to get in. which should've been the case anyways.

P

Paradox

Timani with a suspected broken thumb
not sure what that means re lions tour but could be an opening for one of or both of douglas and pyle to get in. which should've been the case anyways.

3M would be my preference with one of those blokes as cover. Pyle probably.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
MMM played what, four weeks of rugby, and is still out....i don't think he's a shot and don't think he should be to be honest. you don't want someone regaining match fitness in the lions tests.

P

Paradox

My personal opinion but I think it would be disgraceful if Beale walks back into the team. He is not the aboriginal poster boy the ARU want him to be.

ps before anyone starts taking pot shots at me about being a racist, im actually blacker then Beale. Just calling it how I see it.

I agree, he's been given special treatment which he is not deserving of. There have been loads of incidents with this bloke and I have been told about many that have been covered up.

I think he's an average fly half as well. He was an outstanding fullback when he got fit in 2010 and hasn't done much since.

gold heart

Ted Fahey (11)
MMM played what, four weeks of rugby, and is still out..i don't think he's a shot and don't think he should be to be honest. you don't want someone regaining match fitness in the lions tests.

If we were talking about Beale I would agree with you.....but mmm is special and has big enough nads to overcome his lack of recent game time..... for game 1 at least I would see him coming off the bench anyway when our #5 or #6 tires.... and then having him start in game 2

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
I agree, he's been given special treatment which he is not deserving of. There have been loads of incidents with this bloke and I have been told about many that have been covered up.

I think he's an average fly half as well. He was an outstanding fullback when he got fit in 2010 and hasn't done much since.
agree. he's a world class 15 when fit. but he's not fit enough of the time and whilst he does have a special skill set, i think there are at least a couple players in the pipeline with similar skillsets, they just need more game time to mature and develop. when they do, they will have his skills and much better attitudes.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
If we were talking about Beale I would agree with you...but mmm is special and has big enough nads to overcome his lack of recent game time... for game 1 at least I would see him coming off the bench anyway when our #5 or #6 tires.. and then having him start in game 2

i guess i am just of a different mindset. i don't think he is a special player just like i didn't think vickerman was a special player that warranted selection above a few others.
he is good and he's hard, but i don't think he's some extraordinary talent that should be rushed back into the fold as soon as he's healed.

gold heart

Ted Fahey (11)
i guess i am just of a different mindset. i don't think he is a special player just like i didn't think vickerman was a special player that warranted selection above a few others.
he is good and he's hard, but i don't think he's some extraordinary talent that should be rushed back into the fold as soon as he's healed.

I think you answered your own there - yes he is not special in terms of his skill set but he is big and hard and that is exactly what we need in the pack - especially if we are trying to close a match

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
From where I sit there is a lot to be said for locks with steel in them. We've missed Vickerman, I can see MMM's appeal. But I think Pyle is by far the best choice. Plays huge under pressure. Has Wallabies camp exposure. He's ready.

gold heart

Ted Fahey (11)
From where I sit there is a lot to be said for locks with steel in them. We've missed Vickerman, I can see MMM's appeal. But I think Pyle is by far the best choice. Plays huge under pressure. Has Wallabies camp exposure. He's ready.
no doubt - Pyle has to be considered as well to be in the mix - him and mmm are the tougher players that we really need not the seagulls waiting for stuff to happen

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
i like douglas but i do feel that there are better options who are much more athletic and as a result more capable of getting a variety of work done around the park.
i really don't want to see mccabe selected. to me he offers nothing and on form i would take horne over him for a direct hard running 12 and i hope that is what deans is doing.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

You mean as opposed to Douglas who played 6 Tests last year and did quite well?

Status
Not open for further replies.