• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies EOYT 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yeah what happened to Dan Palmer.. Scrum coach backup flyhalf

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
IIRC Palmer flew up to camp Wallaby after getting an invite from Cheika and flew back home the same day. Cheika when asked about Palmer "he's got commiments". From there somehow it's jumped to an agreement or arrangements which in reality is all assumption.

He has commiments. Simples.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
IIRC Palmer flew up to camp Wallaby after getting an invite from Cheika and flew back home the same day. Cheika when asked about Palmer "he's got commiments". From there somehow it's jumped to an agreement or arrangements which in reality is all assumption.

All good - no problem Now get a really good Aussie scrum coach - Stiles

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

The previous reports suggested that he would be in Europe for the final two games of the Spring Tour. Given the commitments were his university studies as semester 2 is about to end, do you have further information that contradicts that?

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
The previous reports suggested that he would be in Europe for the final two games of the Spring Tour. Given the commitments were his university studies as semester 2 is about to end, do you have further information that contradicts that?

I am not sure what I can contradict other than media speculation. IIRC beyond Cheika's comments of "he has commitments" there has been nothing from Cheika, the Wallabies or Palmer. All the "reporting" was speculation.

We got a poised: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...abies-camp-on-gold-coast-20171017-gz2elz.html

Then we got weighing up options; http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...-for-wallabies-scrum-job-20171019-gz3xv2.html

And that was it.

What I will say is that in recent conversations with Palmer he indicated he had commitments, they were his priority at this time and would not allow time to travel with the Wallabies.

For me what is more interesting is that fact that if Cheika had some interim options while Palmer was dealing with his commitments why did he not make the most of the opportunities? Whats wrong with giving Stiles or Joe Barakat a go even if its just for experience.

I suspect that Palmer saying no may has displeased His Cheikaness.

Status
Not open for further replies.