• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies no 7 for the world cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheNextBigThing

The most able 7 behind Pocock is Elsom. One area of his that remains strong is his impact at the tackle zone forcing commitment and turnovers. I know that Deans said that Mccalman was covering 7, but I'd like to think that if Pocock was injured, Rocky would play openside.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I would.

This guy is either invisible, having dramatic form changes or injured.

I think these three options cover 100% of the performance spectrum, and therefore apply to every player on the planet.

On the 2009 EOYT Palu was THE standout player. On that basis he was being rated with the same sort of performance levels that only Kieran Reid delivers. If you ignore that potential its only because you are shutting your eyes. Up till the time his shoulder blade was broken this year in what was a highly unusual incident, Palu was reminding us again of why he is our best number eight. Go back and have a look at the tape of that game - he was having a blinder and the Clan were being given a football lesson all over the park. A big part of why the Tahs went so badly a week later is down to him not being on the park.

R

Rev Spooner

I think these three options cover 100% of the performance spectrum, and therefore apply to every player on the planet.

On the 2009 EOYT Palu was THE standout player. On that basis he was being rated with the same sort of performance levels that only Kieran Reid delivers. If you ignore that potential its only because you are shutting your eyes. Up till the time his shoulder blade was broken this year in what was a highly unusual incident, Palu was reminding us again of why he is our best number eight. Go back and have a look at the tape of that game - he was having a blinder and the Clan were being given a football lesson all over the park. A big part of why the Tahs went so badly a week later is down to him not being on the park.

That's right - keep defending the guy with a EOYT two seasons ago. Talk about desperate.

R

Rev Spooner

Hahaha - good point except for the fact (I find it hard to defend Rocky) that Vickerman has always been a consistent performer.

Status
Not open for further replies.