• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v All Blacks Melbourne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
All Blacks squad for Melbourne:

Forwards: John Afoa, Anthony Boric, Tom Donnelly, Corey Flynn, Ben Franks, Owen Franks, Jerome Kaino, Richie McCaw (captain), Keven Mealamu, Kieran Read, Brad Thorn, Victor Vito, Samuel Whitelock and Tony Woodcock.

Backs: Daniel Carter, Jimmy Cowan, Aaron Cruden, Israel Dagg, Cory Jane, Mils Muliaina, Ma'a Nonu, Josevata Rokocoko, Conrad Smith, Benson Stanley and Piri Weepu. Alby Mathewson will also assemble with the squad as cover for Weepu who is preparing for the arrival of his first child.

Messam and Ranger didn't make it.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
If the Wallabies score more points than the All Blacks, we can win. Otherwise we won't!

Wallabies by 1 point.

cheezel

Bill Watson (15)
Very pleased to have a bledisloe down here. Any other Victorians going to the game, or any travelers heading down?

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Very pleased to have a bledisloe down here. Any other Victorians going to the game, or any travelers heading down?
Normally I would be going to a Bledisloe in Melbourne but decided to go to Sydney in hope that it's the decider but that was at the end of the super 14 & not when the Wallabies got into camp with Deans.

Unfortunately I'm expecting the AB's to down us 3-0 again.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Where abouts is the game being played - I have a feeling it is not at the new rectangle stadium which is a massive shame.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Rectangle isn't big enough, I'd imagine Reddy!. I agree though, it is a shame.

Would those freaky deaky panels on the outside go green and gold?

HodgoBerro

Bill Watson (15)
Where abouts is the game being played - I have a feeling it is not at the new rectangle stadium which is a massive shame.

Etihad Stadium.
I posed a question to the Qantas Wallabies FB page a good 6 months ago in regards to this

"apparently" scheduling and capacity played a factor

cheezel

Bill Watson (15)

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Etihad Stadium.
I posed a question to the Qantas Wallabies FB page a good 6 months ago in regards to this

"apparently" scheduling and capacity played a factor

If the ARU understood anything they'd come to realise that the 'intimacy' of the right stadium for Test rugby mattered more for the paying fans coming back again and the chances of Wallaby success than the desperate urge to sell another 5000 seats! It's happy fans and a winning team over time that brings more ultimate $s in than these crazy 'maximise seats to sell more seats' strategies in any kind of stadia irrespective of the outcome for fans and the team (see Suncorp thread).

HodgoBerro

Bill Watson (15)
If the ARU understood anything they'd come to realise that the 'intimacy' of the right stadium for Test rugby mattered more for the paying fans coming back again and the chances of Wallaby success than the desperate urge to sell another 5000 seats! It's happy fans and a winning team over time that brings more ultimate $s in than these crazy 'maximise seats to sell more seats' strategies in any kind of stadia irrespective of the outcome for fans and the team (see Suncorp thread).

I understand your point, $$ before what ground. However the AAMI stadium holds what, 35000 whereas another similar stadium Suncorp holds 52500, and it's this game that puts bums on seats. I know there will be a large NZ contingency not from just across the ditch but locally too

Is the Melbourne Storm playing next week @ home?

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
It's a pity the game won't be played at the new stadium. I do worry about Etihad though. The surface has been described by many in the AFL as a disgrace and the games I've seen this year would tend to support that.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I understand your point, $$ before what ground. However the AAMI stadium holds what, 35000 whereas another similar stadium Suncorp holds 52500, and it's this game that puts bums on seats. I know there will be a large NZ contingency not from just across the ditch but locally too

Re Etihad. _Any_ stadia that can comfortably hold cricket and AFL matches (such as Eithad) will usually generate poor to very poor rugby atmosphere and somewhat less likelihood that team love from the fans can add big rocket fuel to the Men of Gold.

HodgoBerro

Bill Watson (15)
ANZ Stadium is not much better either

As for the Melbourne Storm, I answered my own question.

Yes they are playing at AAMI Stadium in the
early game on Sunday.
Whether this was a factor why the Bledisloe is not played at a suitable stadium I'm not sure as I know the NRL roll out their
confirmed fixtures round by round

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
ANZ Stadium is not much better either

I went to ANZ stadium for Deans' one and only win against the AB's in 2008 and found the atmos and proximity to the sideline to be not too bad. I did have fairly good seats though. The fact that there were around 80,000 people there certainly helped as well.

HodgoBerro

Bill Watson (15)
I went to ANZ stadium for Deans' one and only win against the AB's in 2008 and found the atmos and proximity to the sideline to be not too bad. I did have fairly good seats though. The fact that there were around 80,000 people there certainly helped as well.

The only time I've ever enjoyed going to ANZ Stadium was last years bledisloe.

HodgoBerro

Bill Watson (15)
If anyone is having a few pre game drinks I'm in. Let me knows what's good, I will try to get a crew together.

Status
Not open for further replies.