• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v All Blacks, Saturday 19th August, ANZ Stadium Sydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
So we are looking at something like:

1. Sio
2. TPN
3. Alan
4. Arnold
5. Coleman
6. Hanigan
7. Hooper
8. Timani
9. Genia
10. Foley
11. Folau
12. Hodge
13. Kerevi
14. Speight
15. Beale

16. Moore
17. Faulkner
18. Kepu
19. Douglas
20. McMahon
21. Phipps
22. Meakes
23. DHP

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Mmm if DHP is fit I can't see the back 3 changing from 11. DHP, 14. Speight and 15. Folau with Beale @ 12.

Would push Hodge as a utility back off the bench - either as a super cover in a 7/2 split or with Meakes or Koroibete.

If DHP is not fit, then Hodge to take his place as a kicking wing, with Meakes and Koroibete on the bench.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Would go Meakes at 12, TK at 13, with Kerevi off the bench.

Or, and this gives me a semi, Kerevi at 12 and Meakes at 13. Meakes has got a wonderful offloading game, and league-like passing game that always seems to find his runners. Can see him charging into gaps, because the defence is so focussed on Kerevi at 12, with Meakes offloading at 13 to people like Beale, Folau and Speight on various support angles.....

I like TK but his distribution game is rubbish.

Phipps
Foley
Folau
Kerevi
Meakes
Speight
Beale

Me likey.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Mmm if DHP is fit I can't see the back 3 changing from 11. DHP, 14. Speight and 15. Folau with Beale @ 12.

Would push Hodge as a utility back off the bench - either as a super cover in a 7/2 split or with Meakes or Koroibete.

If DHP is not fit, then Hodge to take his place as a kicking wing, with Meakes and Koroibete on the bench.

Some talk in the paper about Beale still recovering from Hamstring (hasn't been doing all the sessions), add to that he hasn't played for a while and he may come off the bench for this one.

That could lead to Hodge or Meekes at 12; and that tighter defensive option could put Kerevi at 13

T

TOCC

couldn't really care about this match... ARU have sucked the passion out of rugby union this year.. All Blacks aren't our enemy any more, the ARU are

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Fark. Five days out from Bledisloe 1 and this thread has four posts, rather than 24 pages. Says a lot about the level of disinterest among rusted on lunatic supporters.

ARU and SANZAAR have truly crapped on their own door step.

Re. our team, I'm looking forward to the young locks (guessing Arnold and Coleman) get tested against the best combo in the world. Hopefully they dish out some punishment.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Some talk in the paper about Beale still recovering from Hamstring (hasn't been doing all the sessions), add to that he hasn't played for a while and he may come off the bench for this one.

That could lead to Hodge or Meekes at 12; and that tighter defensive option could put Kerevi at 13

Cheika says he is fit, but cheika also says alot of things that are a bit wishy washy.

If Beale AND DHP are sore then could see this.....

9. Genia 10. Foley 11. Hodge 12. Meakes. 13. Kerevi 14. Speight 15. Folau

21. Phipps 22. TK 23. Koroibete

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Cheika says he is fit, but cheika also says alot of things that are a bit wishy washy.

If Beale AND DHP are sore then could see this...

9. Genia 10. Foley 11. Hodge 12. Meakes. 13. Kerevi 14. Speight 15. Folau

21. Phipps 22. TK 23. Koroibete

I'd suggest Beale, Kerevi (shifting in with TK at 13) or Hodge will all play before Meakes.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
I reckon the All Blacks will just up the ante again this year and we will all be looking on as Springbok and Wallabies supporters next year on how we can stem the tide once more.

It has become really hard to get excited about anything since locally our Currie Cup is diluted. Super Rugby is a shambles and the national sides for most bar NZ, Eng and maybe Ireland are not quite what you'd expect.

duckbill

Sydney Middleton (9)
So unenthused... Between the Force debacle, Chieka's bewildering selections and Hooper as new captain I just can't build any interest... Feels like the end of the Deans era but the frustration was strong then... Meh....

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
So unenthused. Between the Force debacle, Chieka's bewildering selections and Hooper as new captain I just can't build any interest. Feels like the end of the Deans era but the frustration was strong then. Meh..

Well there are plenty of "no fault" Cheika supporters on here. You know who you are.

Australian rugby is in diabolical times and the blokes at the top have only fucked it further, not made it better or even improved it.

Some players are getting the jersey cheaply, others just shouldn't be there. Both those things erode culture and the erosion is happening.

Time for accretion (look it up) but I fear that will take some years with a different direction from the top.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
I know what accretion means but I don't honestly know what you mean in that sentence.

Edit: ok just the opposite of the last paragraph, brain turned off between the too

Status
Not open for further replies.