• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v All Blacks, Saturday 21st October, Suncorp, Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
I agree with what your saying about Read - I really do find him hard to take - but I’d be betting that Hoopers chat to the troops didn’t involve telling them to back off.

I’m sure you’re right.
It was an opportunity to gee them up for a very important play whilst appeasing the ref.
Clever from Hooper.
Stupidity from the captain of the best side in the world. Hope to see more of it.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Do you really think that in that forwards huddle (that's right the "conversation" involved no backs) that Hooper was saying "hey guys, I'm guessing you didn't notice, but the ref has shits and he thinks you are pushing the line about what is legal and what clearly isn't"? Now, I'm really hoping that your response is "hell yes, that is what Hooper was talking about, what a great captain." Because then I can think that the ref has a 1 in 100 chance of thinking the same thing. And Hooper steps up in my estimation on his management duties. And yes, he did better than his opponent captain.

Beale seemed to take a huge leadership role tonight. Can only guess it was do as I say not as I do but loved his passion

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Dru, I don't really care what Hooper said, it's just that the ref told them to have a talk, regardless of what Hooper said he paid the ref the respect of getting the team together and saying something, Read just ignored him.

On another note, what a pity Ledesma's going, our scrum, while no world-beater, has shown steady improvement under his guidance

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
Dru, I don't really care what Hooper said, it's just that the ref told them to have a talk, regardless of what Hooper said he paid the ref the respect of getting the team together and saying something, Read just ignored him.

On another note, what a pity Ledesma's going, our scrum, while no world-beater, has shown steady improvement under his guidance

Yeah very solid scrum tonight. A rock on our own ball and unlucky not to get the call on the one we turned over. Big shoes for Dan Palmer to fill!

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Then surely it should be a case of our young blokes getting the better of their young guys. Because in many respects. That's exactly what happened. Our younger guys growing into Test Rugby.

Don't think you're going to get that sort of rigorous internal reflection from an article that claims that the Wallabies "don't have the same gifts and overall ability as the All Blacks."

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Thoroughly deserved win to Straya. McMahon MOTM.

Garbage from NZ. Stone cold fucking garbage. Usual complacent dogshit venomless dead rubber effort in first 50 then oh fuck someone do something, even though Aus have dropped the ball 54 times the scoreboard says we might lose this fucker, where's Richie OH SHIT, rudderless panic stations, what do we do, Coles is running around lookign for a scrap, Kaino's at the club looking for a root, Ben from Accounts is at home in tears watching the caretaker dwarf at fullback shit the bed in ever increasing pinwheeling circles, Sopoaga is refusing to take the fucker out of 3rd gear, Money Bill shit for brains is trying his first ever fucking grubber kick with the All Blacks final possession of a rugby football test match and the red heads/blue heads era is being consigned to the goddamn history books just prior to being burnt with fire, then lynched, then guillotined, and then burnt with yet more fucking burning fire.

You got the first two sentences right.

Its only "garbage" because the NZ team was put under pressure. All night they had questions asked in a way that they were not used to. They were waiting for Australia to open up and let them walk through and they just never did. 11 missed tackles from the team that usually misses 40+ was the difference. Money Bill (your words, not mine) tried something different because what usually worked didn't this time. NZ will go away and analyse this and if they are honest they will realise that it really came down to arrogance. They expected that the other team would fold and they didn't. They forgot that they had to take the match by the scruff of the neck and because they didn't Australia could beat them. I feel sorry for the teams from the NH scheduled to play them - I doubt they'll make the same mistake again. Hanson's too smart a coach.

The other thing they need to get rid of is the off-the-ball stuff like Ofa's shoulder and the Coles' cleanouts. For the first time a referee started to pick up on it and other refs will watch and learn.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
How good would Fiji’s international side be if they didn’t all play for someone else.
Would love to see a country of origin derby.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Just want to say this after seeing a tonne of "ABs were terrible", "Kiwis didn't try or care" posts floating around on forums and Facebook.

They weren't shocking, their defence was immense. The Wallabies weathered bone crunching tackle after tackle. No matter how shit ABs supposedly play, they're still the All Blacks and we just beat them. We had to play with the same wet ball they did and we had arguably just as many youngsters out there.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
A bit off topic but I was impressed with the welcome to country before the game. One of the best I've heard. He did a good job.
Getting the crowd involved with that coo-ee bit was pretty cool. The Canberra Raiders have a Warrior clap the fans do at home at certain points throughout the game that sounds great, wouldn't mind it if the ground announcers tried to make a similar thing with the coo-ee. 50 000 odd voices in unison would sound good.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
You got the first two sentences right.

Its only "garbage" because the NZ team was put under pressure. All night they had questions asked in a way that they were not used to. They were waiting for Australia to open up and let them walk through and they just never did. 11 missed tackles from the team that usually misses 40+ was the difference. Money Bill (your words, not mine) tried something different because what usually worked didn't this time. NZ will go away and analyse this and if they are honest they will realise that it really came down to arrogance. They expected that the other team would fold and they didn't. They forgot that they had to take the match by the scruff of the neck and because they didn't Australia could beat them. I feel sorry for the teams from the NH scheduled to play them - I doubt they'll make the same mistake again. Hanson's too smart a coach.

The other thing they need to get rid of is the off-the-ball stuff like Ofa's shoulder and the Coles' cleanouts. For the first time a referee started to pick up on it and other refs will watch and learn.
Our defence just after halftime nearly won us the game in my opinion. Past couple of years they would have scored and we would have shut up shop.

Istanbul

Vay Wilson (31)
To me the Wallabies were very much the better team and deserved the win. What concerns me is the very low possession stats in the first half and the Wallabies first try again coming against the run of play. It worries me that the game was in the balance in the 79th minute. With a bit of composure I think the Wallabies were good enough to win that one comfortably.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Any news on Simmons?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cheika said in the press conference that everything seemed fine and they were hoping he would be released from hospital tonight. A really bad stinger where he lost some feeling initially but everything came back and they were cautiously confident that everything was ok.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.