• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v All Blacks, Saturday 21st October, Suncorp, Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Im going to be immensely Australian, despite the win, and say that that knob of a ref was feeding his kids bags of money in brown paper bags. Some of his 'decisions' were absolutely fucken mind boggling. If Foley kicks a god damn goal and the ref, you know, applies the fucken rules we win comfortably.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Beale is obviously a dry track player. He had the dropsies a bit tonight.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Beale was superb. My deepest desire is that he continues to push his luck. The day he doesn't... move on to someone else.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Wonder what Eddie Jones will have to say about the win. Would love to knock the smirk off his face at Twickenham.

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Thoroughly deserved win to Straya. McMahon MOTM.

Garbage from NZ. Stone cold fucking garbage. Usual complacent dogshit venomless dead rubber effort in first 50 then oh fuck someone do something, even though Aus have dropped the ball 54 times the scoreboard says we might lose this fucker, where's Richie OH SHIT, rudderless panic stations, what do we do, Coles is running around lookign for a scrap, Kaino's at the club looking for a root, Ben from Accounts is at home in tears watching the caretaker dwarf at fullback shit the bed in ever increasing pinwheeling circles, Sopoaga is refusing to take the fucker out of 3rd gear, Money Bill shit for brains is trying his first ever fucking grubber kick with the All Blacks final possession of a rugby football test match and the red heads/blue heads era is being consigned to the goddamn history books just prior to being burnt with fire, then lynched, then guillotined, and then burnt with yet more fucking burning fire.
Not garbage by NZ You'd got beat fair and square.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Wonder what Eddie Jones will have to say about the win. Would love to knock the smirk off his face at Twickenham.

We got done last year by poor discipline (too many penalties), poor goal kicking, and poor ability to exit our 22.
Eddie is smart.
He won’t back himself to beat us in our strength areas. They’ll try and pin us in our 22 till we infringe and give away penalties near the touch lines in preference to us scoring.
We often score more tries than England but come up short.
If foleys radar is on target and hodge takes some of the clearing kicks, man on man we should have their measure.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I just watched the game on replay, and some scattered thoughts while loaded on a binge of craft beers and fine Ethiopian food........

Possibly best game by Folau this year.

McMahon great once again.

Dempsey definitely has the 6 jersey for now. Good performance but I wouldn't lock him in long term with some of the players we'll have eligible next year - but a massive improvement from Hanigan.

Our front row combination of Sio/TPN/Kepu have been really good of late.

I like the way Coleman actually tries to run into gaps.

KAOP mode - Foley was terrible tonight....... aside from his kicking he threw some terrible passes and really did nothing in attack.

Solid performances from the rest of the backline though.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Also, I liked the way Wayne Barnes reffed tonight....... I thought there were a couple of big decisions that went against us that he cocked up, but I really liked the way he handled things - particularly some dumb off the ball play/comments by both teams.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I just watched the game on replay, and some scattered thoughts while loaded on a binge of craft beers and fine Ethiopian food....

Possibly best game by Folau this year.

McMahon great once again.

Dempsey definitely has the 6 jersey for now. Good performance but I wouldn't lock him in long term with some of the players we'll have eligible next year - but a massive improvement from Hanigan.

Our front row combination of Sio/TPN/Kepu have been really good of late.

I like the way Coleman actually tries to run into gaps.

KAOP mode - Foley was terrible tonight... aside from his kicking he threw some terrible passes and really did nothing in attack.

Solid performances from the rest of the backline though.

Dempsy was great although some of his runs were effectively due to footwork and being a slipperly little fella.. would he be as slippery and effective on a dry track? I hope so but doubt it... Either way he's still done very well and I hope this means the Hanigan experiment is over.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Being a massive bellend looks far more classy when you're winning comfortably. He's always been a mouthy cock. It's the secret behind how he's able to run like a back.

He's been like that every game he has played. Scroll back thru old super rugby games and you will see the same shit. Mouthing off, shoving,. Gets way to worked up some games.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
?It's all down to the AB's not giving a shit, for one reason or another? Sorry, not insightful in the slightest.
Mate - There was supposed to be a laughing emoticon with my post to indicate I was joking, but it didn't come up for some reason. My use of the term 'insightful' was supposed to be a subtle dig at Dismal (all in good fun).

Edit: I think you and maxdacat may have taken Dismal's post too seriously. It is Dismal remember.

T

TOCC

I had the pleasure of watching this in New Zealand at the local pub 100 other kiwis. To their credit one of the kiwis bought me a beer at the end of the game because the wallabies won. I think the general consensus amongst kiwis is, that whilst that they don’t like losing, they still prefer competitive matches and not ones like the first Bledisloe thrashing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Dempsy was great although some of his runs were effectively due to footwork and being a slipperly little fella.. would he be as slippery and effective on a dry track? I hope so but doubt it. Either way he's still done very well and I hope this means the Hanigan experiment is over.
His footwork into contact is excellent. Even on dry tracks he seems to be able to get to a soft shoulder through quick feet. A good role model for any young forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.