• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v All Blacks Saturday 26th August at Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
What would you suggest as the best way to fix it?

Have zero engagement with the Super Rugby coaches and figure that your job and responsibility only commences when the players are in Wallaby camp?

It hasn't worked that well for him.

Didn't he complain about the player's fitness ?

He seems quick to complain about things in general but never takes direct responsibility for anything (unless we win)

At least most of the objective posters on here and elsewhere are starting to put the bloke, some selections, favouritism of some players, blah blah under pressure for overall non performance (last week's effort was the exception but I don't credit Cheika for that - I credit a change in attitude of the players in the 23 probably because they were criticised heavily in that disgraceful effort in Bled 1))

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Oh ok. So you just want him to say that the fitness issue is his fault rather than coming up with the method of fixing it and implementing that?

There should be lots of pressure on his performance as coach and of the Wallabies in general. The improvement in the second Bledisloe will be meaningless if we don't repeat it against the Sprinboks in a bit over a week and get a good win.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Whereas they weren't criticised after their lacklustre performance in the June Tests?

I really doubt that many, if any, of the players loses too much sleep about what you think. Or even what I think.

Anybody who has ever worked in an organisation whose ins and outs are covered in the popular media would know how farking stupid it would be to worry about what is in the press, or on the box, unless and until your boss tells you to do something about it.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Whereas they weren't criticised after their lacklustre performance in the June Tests?

I really doubt that many, if any, of the players loses too much sleep about what you think. Or even what I think.

Anybody who has ever worked in an organisation whose ins and outs are covered in the popular media would know how farking stupid it would be to worry about what is in the press, or on the box, unless and until your boss tells you to do something about it.

Not the case if you're being paid by the general populace.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Where does the money come from for every corporate or sporting entity? Mars? Or the general populace?

Man what are you talking about, seriously. In an any industry, anywhere, ever the client makes a serious complaint someone is in big trouble.

If i have a client make a complaint about my work, and i performed sufficiently poorly, you can be sure im getting the sack.

You are ALWAYS accountable to the people who pay your wages. In sport, that's fans. You can't turn around and tell your clients you don't give a shit about their opinion without them leaving you.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
bled_zpsde6zxpda.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.