• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v All Blacks @ Suncorp - 18/10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I think we need far more quality on the bench than we had in Argentina. Genia and Gill would be a good start.

Will Beale play in place of To'omua?

To'omua should be OK to play as he passed his concussion test at the ground..

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
i dont think it realistic to call for hooper's armband when there is no-one else to feasibly replace him. horwill can't even nail down a starting spot and for that reason alone he shouldn't hold the captaincy.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
When have you ever been close to reality, biggsy?? ;)

The Last time The Wallabies were really successful...

uninspired players the fault of the captain but not the coach??

On the field.....yes.

Not saying Hooper is a great captain, but the lack of effort and enthusiasm in Mendoza rests with all 23 players, and the staff beyond that.

Great Captain/Leader will get the Enthusiasm back into players or at least pull the team together for a chat. But thats hard when your Captain is in the bin for what is a such big problem in the team.

Reality, get on board.... its far more easier to take shock losses , big floggings and disappointment. ;)

T

Train Without a Station

Gill would have got no game time because his 10 minutes would have been lost to Hooper's binning: or are we going to play 2 opensides/fetchers whatever.
And i like Gill.

My point is neither player has any 2014 form to speak of. Considering Gill was a reserve loosie in 2013 before being dropped to the bench, I can't say he's done anything since to warrant change.

And I'm a Queenslander!

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Did anyone notice the look on Hoopers face when he was sin binned? I get the impression he is just about fed up with everything to do with this team (or just the ref maybe)

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Yeh Hooper, hell most of the players really need a week off to recharge the batteries.

I thought Horwill was good on the weekend and should keep his spot. Bring Simo and Palu back into the starting side.

We need way more impact from our bench to challenge the Kiwis. I'd bring Genia on the bench for White. He's very experienced and should enjoy coming on late in the game. Id probably give Skelton another shot from the bench. McCalman or Higgers again off the bench.

Any idea what happened to Scott Sio?! is he any chance of a return on the 18th or is he more likely to return on the EOYT

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
If Ewen sticks with the same team, we are doomed. Change it up

It's basically the same team that played so well against the Boks the week before (minus a few injury enforced changes). Selection isnt the biggest issues IMO and given the number of injuries, Link doesn't have many alternative options in any event.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
White looked anything but slow on the weekend after receiving little game time since eden park where it was obviously the halfbacks fault we spent the game on the back foot. Till then he had performed very well in the French tests and the previous two Super seasons. His pass is superior to Phipps and he has a kicking game which makes exiting your 22 an easier task. Is Genia a better running option I could not say as it's been a while but noticed from the weekend stats Phipps was not credited with a single run, maybe it's time for a change

Yeah - Phipps' jet-like speed to the breakdown compared with White's turtle like service is taking on the proportions of an urban myth fuelled by certain Tahs' supporters on this site. Say something enough times and it becomes the truth to many listeners. I think Nick Phipps has improved his play this year but he still stuffs up a lot of passes to his runners and as often as not takes the wrong option at the base of the ruck. He needs to take the fraction of a second needed to survey the opposition defensive lines before sending the ball to one side or the other. Nic White, on the other hand, drives us all balmy with his poor box kicking. Put that aside Nic and you could well take back the starting spot at No 9 until Genia returns to form and fitness.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Seriously, flying out Veldsman for a holiday? ANYONE else please. His English isn't good enough, there's always communication issues.

And guess who you've got against the kippers at Twickenham?

v NZ - Nigel Owens
v SA - Steve Walsh
v Samoa - Jaco Peyper
v Aus - Jérôme Garcès

Status
Not open for further replies.