• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Argentina @ CommBank Stadium 7.45pm Sat 15/07

Marce

John Thornett (49)
Open your eyes pal. Argentina have beaten Abs and Saffas in recent years. They've improved. Give credit where it's due. And throttle back the pessimistic bullshit for the sake of everyone's sanity.
I know the Argentinian improvement better than you. Just talking about how sh*t is the full strenght WBs side. Is it forbidden to say it?

And there's no hope. Australia A sucks too. And people is talking about JOC (James O'Connor), Tom Banks or others mediocre players as saviours

JOC (James O'Connor) was the answer, 10 years ago

HogansHeros

Syd Malcolm (24)
I know the Argentinian improvement better than you. Just talking about how sh*t is the full strenght WBs side. Is it forbidden to say it?

And there's no hope. Australia A sucks too. And people is talking about JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor), Tom Banks or others mediocre players as saviours
No one is calling them saviours, people are discussing options for replacements... thats what we do, discuss. You're just carrying on like a goose.

HogansHeros

Syd Malcolm (24)
Numerous times throughout this game.the TMO chimes in talking crap to the ref that doesn't even matter. The world cup will not be good at this rate.
He certainly liked the sound of his own voice, has this been something I have missed in other tests or more of a once off?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Quade kicking that ball after his loose head Bell ran 30m does my head in.

McReight better than Hooper but also just too small.

Nawaqanitawase was genuinely incredible. Beyond his breaks with the ball in hand, he stole two balls back on our kick offs, something we haven’t been able to do for ever.

Tupou needs to come back, Ala'alatoa looks done. Hopefully can start with Bell too. Holloway looked the goods. Kerevi will get better. Petaia will be touch and go to play if Ikitau is down but Kellaway should be good.

Hopefully, hopefully Kellaway can form a nice balance with Koroibete & Nawaqanitawase at the back.

SamoanNo8

Fred Wood (13)
Depending on Ikitau RWC team

1. Bell
2. Faessler
3. Tupou
4. Arnold
5. Skelton
6. Valetini
7. McReight
8. Samu
9. White
10. Cooper
11. Koro
12. Kerevi
13. Petaia
14. Marky Mark (Nawaqanitawase) (Nawaqanitawase)
15. Kellaway
16. Poreiki
17. Slipper
18. AAA
19. Frost
20. Hooper
21. McDermott
22. Gordon
23. Hodge / Wright
Looks pretty good. Who would your captain be within the run-on side?

Linerunner2023

Fred Wood (13)
Well the bledislode will be a whitewash - just by how much

positives
Bell and tupou coming back from injuries, bell looked strong and they will be in front of slipper and Allan by end of bledislode cup
I think Leota will be the first choice 6
Kerevi, Marky n and Marika looks strong invidiaually
Skelton had some moments

negatives
No hooker
Mcreight no Better then hooper, no steals and the 2 or 3 forward flick passes killed us
Ikatau injury- may be out of bledislode but back for rwc, won’t help combo with Kerevi before RWC
Wright is not a test fullback

changes coming
Bell and tupou on bench then to start final bledislode game
Leota at 6, hooper 7 and Samu 20
If ikatau out either foketi / petaia straight swap, or gorden at 12
Kellaway at 15 for Wright and petaia on bench
I’d bring Fainga'a back in at hooker, porecki is hopeless

Marce

John Thornett (49)
We lost a rugby match in the build up to a World Cup.

That's not true. Australia is the new wooden spoon owner of Southern Hemisphere. That's a new one, you aren't pay attention carefully what's happening in rugby stage. You are comfortably the number 8/9 in World rankings

And you can't blame the Giteau's law or an injury crisis. The lost against Samoa in 2011, that was a warm-up match. This was an official test in an official competition

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That's not true. Australia is the new wooden spoon owner of Southern Hemisphere. That's a new one, you aren't pay attention carefully what's happening in rugby stage. You are comfortably the number 8/9 in World rankings

And you can't blame the Giteau's law or an injury crisis. The lost against Samoa in 2011, that was a warm-up match. This was an official test in an official competition
Our u20s came 2nd in 2019 and were the 2nd/3rd best sise this year.

Spamnoodle

Sydney Middleton (9)

And there's no hope. Australia A sucks too. And people is talking about JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor), Tom Banks or others mediocre players as saviours

JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) was the answer, 10 years ago
I think it's a safe bet you don't know anything better than me.

Cya

Marce

John Thornett (49)
No one is calling them saviours, people are discussing options for replacements... thats what we do, discuss. You're just carrying on like a goose.
I'm not blind. I know all the stuff. That's the point. As a Waratahs I only celebrated in 2014. I know what is suffer. This is just the worst full strenght Wallabies side I can remember. Am I lying?

Even the soccer supporters in Argentina know that the Wallabies suck

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)

Do I need to return to Deepak?