• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v England in Melbourne, 18 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Double is too much. Pocock is a monster and Sean just a little lightweight young'un.
Therefore 1 metre more is sufficient.
Talk more on Monday !

You sound ready to resign Pocock if McMahon makes more metres. I am sure I don't need to tell you comparing two players on a sole metric, over 2 games, without any real clue as to the instructions given by the coaching staff is ludicrous.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Mike Brown, Anthony Watson, Jonathan Joseph, Owen Farrell, Jack Nowell, George Ford, Ben Youngs; Mako Vunipola, Dylan Hartley (captain), Dan Cole, Maro Itoje, George Kruis, Chris Robshaw, James Haskell, Billy Vunipola
Replacements: Jamie George, Matt Mullan, Paul Hill, Joe Launchbury, Courtney Lawes, Jack Clifford, Danny Care, Elliot Daly

Nowell replaces Yarde, Farrell moves to 12 and Ford starts at 10.
6:2 bench split.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Eddie has removed his weakest link at the backline (Burrell). And you know the quote: "You're only as strong as your weakest link". Now the Pommies have 2 playmakers, the advantage for the Wallabies backline is the size, so Kerevi should destroy their channel like a battering ram. Ford shouldn't be able to lift his arms after the game

Red Rose

Bob McCowan (2)
Daly has great potential but no experience at this level. He plays 13 or 15 normally for Wasps and has real pace (therefore can cover 11 and 14 for this match as well) and good hands. He has put a lot of pressure on EJ (Eddie Jones) to start at 13. A big bonus with him is his massive boot. He kicks penalties from within his own half so Australia may need to be aware of that if he gets on and the score are tight late on.

Red Rose

Bob McCowan (2)
Interesting 6:2 split on the bench which for me is an unnecessary risk. Injuries in the backs and England could be struggling. 2 replacement locks? Pretty obvious which way England are going to play this one. Two playmakers pinning Aus back with kicks and then pressure the lineout. Should be a brutal and hard match - cannot wait.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Eddie has removed his weakest link at the backline (Burrell). And you know the quote: "You're only as strong as your weakest link". Now the Pommies have 2 playmakers, the advantage for the Wallabies backline is the size, so Kerevi should destroy their channel like a battering ram. Ford shouldn't be able to lift his arms after the game
Fuck yeah - send Kerevi straight at Ford for the first 20 minutes and see if we can't get their bench emptied of backs

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Fuck yeah - send Kerevi straight at Ford for the first 20 minutes and see if we can't get their bench emptied of backs

It has been said that fly halves are something soft for opposing backrowers to land on - I guess that centres should be added to that quote :)

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I wouldn't underestimate the defence of those England inside backs. Furthermore, I wouldn't be adopting a one-dimensional crash balling game in attack either. By all means send a few big bodies at pace through that 10/12 channel to get the defence on their heels a bit, but then use the space to go wider and burn them on the outside.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I wouldn't underestimate the defence of those England inside backs. Furthermore, I wouldn't be adopting a one-dimensional crash balling game in attack either. By all means send a few big bodies at pace through that 10/12 channel to get the defence on their heels a bit, but then use the space to go wider and burn them on the outside.

I agree but you have to take the size's advantage as Nonu did against small backs in the lastest Bledisloe Cups. The ABs have had the advantage of size at the channel 2 in the last years and they have used it

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Not disputing that, but basing the game plan around doing only that doesn't bring all our other weapons into play and we have a few of those.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Gents,
I will be a first time attendee at AAMI Park on Saturday night.
So just wondering if anyone can confirm if they sell full strength beer in any of the publicly accessible beers or is it a mid-strength only venue?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
OK I've got my head around it now.

For those concerned about his lack of experience at 8, the only real skill that differs from that of a flanker (in the scrum) is controlling the ball at the back of a scrum if you're going for a pushover..I can't really see that happening! It's a slightly different defensive read too but he'll be fine there.
Don't forget the skill of picking up a bobbling ball as your scrum is going backwards. I hope that doesn't happen though.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I'd agree with "new" players if we had won games 1 and 2.

Now I just wanna smoke 'en in Games 2 and 3. To do that we must put our best proven players on the paddock

Not contemplating a loss in test 2 eh Scrubber? Sure, if the Wallabies win in Melbourne, then come out all guns blazing with the same or slightly altered side in Sydney. But if they lose, as is now a possibility, then time to blood a few who will be around in the run up to 2019. I don't see TPN, maybe Moore, Horwill, maybe Simmons, maybe Fardy, Palu, maybe McCalman, Maybe Horne being in the picture for RWC 2019. It would be timely to see players like Ready, Coleman, Cottrell, Holloway (though injured atm), Houston and Nabuli get a chance.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
But if they lose, as is now a possibility, then time to blood a few who will be around in the run up to 2019. I don't see TPN, maybe Moore, Horwill, maybe Simmons, maybe Fardy, Palu, maybe McCalman, Maybe Horne being in the picture for RWC 2019. It would be timely to see players like Ready, Coleman, Cottrell, Holloway (though injured atm), Houston and Nabuli get a chance.
Hilarious. None of those aforementioned are ready or even good enough for test rugby. How about they earn the chance to get capped rather than being given a run because they show some promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.