• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v England, Sat 11th June, 8.00pm, Suncorp Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I want England to try that crash and bash footy against us and try and win the collisions. We've picked a team to combat that and counter it with pace on the edges. Nothing would give me more pleasure than seeing us smash into those white jerseys at 100km/h, with support runners coming from everywhere. Hard, fast and direct is how I want our footy to be tonight, with good low body height and smashing everything in sight. When you play England, like the Boks, you've got to front up physically first and nullify those big bodies. Then and only thing can you use pace and skill to out run them.

But let's not also forget that there is some pace and skill in that England backline. They're no mugs, so it's very important that we make them play static, one-out footy in phase play.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Wallabies to win. Too much speed in the forwards.
Home advantage=10 points
+ I don't think England have improved enough just yet

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Got a little bored waiting for the game and watched the RWC test between the two this afternoon.

Owen Farrell was the starting 10 that day and although his goal kicking was top shelf he struggled to direct his side around the park well. I may be wrong but I seem to have gathered that Farrell played 12 outside George Ford for most of the 6Ns this year. Is that right?
Bernard Foley almost single handedly gave the England side a shafting they will not soon forget. How anyone can compare his ability to control and influence a test match to that of Owen Farrells is just laughable.
Mate, if you've been following Northern Hemisphere rugby recently, you would deduce that Owen Farrell is the best NH flyhalf at the moment, as evidenced by the Saracens winning the AP and European Cup. He would be the Lions starting 10 tomorrow.

England are going to be stronger for his selection over George Ford.

Tigs Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
A Pom told me that he prefers Ford over Farrell

There is alot who think that, but that is going off previous form rather than current form, Ford's head hasn't been right for Bath over the season he has been inconsistent (As have Bath on the whole), and whilst he played well for England in the six nations, his Dad getting sacked as head coach at the club he is currently playing looked to have made him a bit uneasy v Wales.

Farrell has def improved his upside will never be as good as Ford's upside but he is the form player.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I reckon Farrell-Slade-Daly is probably the best midfield axis if you gave everybody a blank slate and no injuries. Farrell is the best kicker, and still a good quality 10, albeit not as creative as a Ford or Cips. Slade is just a great Rugby player, and I just love the way Daly plays.

Still, this ones not a bad one. JJ hasn't put a foot wrong in white.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
There is alot who think that, but that is going off previous form rather than current form, Ford's head hasn't been right for Bath over the season he has been inconsistent (As have Bath on the whole), and whilst he played well for England in the six nations, his Dad getting sacked as head coach at the club he is currently playing looked to have made him a bit uneasy v Wales.

Farrell has def improved his upside will never be as good as Ford's upside but he is the form player.

Farrell's dad was sacked as assistant coach of the Orcs

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
Haha, just watching the lead up on 10.

Eddie's record as coach 111 P 72 W 2D 37L with an overall percentage of 73.2%.

Think someone needs to check their maths!

Tigs Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
Farrell's dad was sacked as assistant coach of the Orcs

difference is you're not with the England setup for 8/9 months in a year.

Owen had like 4/5 months get over that and focus on his club, Ford snr was sacked around a month ago.

Tigs Man

Allen Oxlade (6)
I reckon Farrell-Slade-Daly is probably the best midfield axis if you gave everybody a blank slate and no injuries. Farrell is the best kicker, and still a good quality 10, albeit not as creative as a Ford or Cips. Slade is just a great Rugby player, and I just love the way Daly plays.

Still, this ones not a bad one. JJ hasn't put a foot wrong in white.

Would be happy with that although if no injures then would go with
10) Farrell
12) Manu
13) Daly

ATM, Manu was looking pretty damn good before his injury for Tigers.

Slade and Mallinder (Promising youngster @ saints) looking fine prospects, but need to find a position and stick with it at club leve.

Slade been playing 13 all season pretty much for Exeter which isn't where his international future is.

Status
Not open for further replies.