• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v England, Sat 11th June, 8.00pm, Suncorp Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Shame DHP forced that pass at the end there, thought he was the best of debutants and he had a strong game all round.

Creative play from Ford to get that last try.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Better scrum from the Wallabies.

That's not the greatest call from Hooper in my ball. 3.5 minutes left, 2 minutes to kick.

I'd play for the draw first.

Yay, we agree. Definitely go for try. Better chance of draw and more options to win if you do draw level (or within 2).

Reactions: Ash

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
The rules in regards to the full time buzzer are conducive to a team winning with a PG rather then a try

Yeah but a try would have taken time, there would have likely no chance for a restart, where there was with the penalty.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I watch Rugby from all over the world. There are a hundred ways to win a game of Rugby. I like them all. I'd suggest broadening your horizons.

I'm from a place where the norm is to play the simple rugby, boring rugby, tactic rugby or whatever you call it. For that reason I admire the running rugby and that's the reason why Super Rugby is my favourite rugby tournament.

To watch tactic rugby I can watch: "Georgia vs Romania"

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Wallbies have plenty to work on, but at their best they are a better team than England. 4 tries to 3 to the Wallabies with a soft try to England at the death. Plenty of missed conversions by Gold. That hurts. Neither side had advantage in the scrums but the penalties flowed against Gold. The replacements did well.

Houndi

Frank Nicholson (4)
Australia will win the series easily, we lost this one on the injuries and the poor goalkicking.

T

TOCC

Yeah but a try would have taken time, there would have likely no chance for a restart, where there was with the penalty.

In which case a draw would have been better then a loss, Cheikas reaction seemed to indicate he wasn't happy with the choice either

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
The offload from DHP was ok.... Two English tries from Kerevi's handling tonight...

Bit of hypocrisy there Slim, jumping to Sio's defence but free to dish it out to others? Overall, I thought that Kerevi had a better game than Sio, despite his part of that first English try.

That ball was always a low percentage play, hard to criticise a player dropping that at 79 minutes. And we should have reformed to stop the try.

I could also point to the mess that Sio had at the scrums along with a key dropped ball 3m from the England line that had a large part in our loss, but really we should have overcome all of those things with the start we had.

Disappointing game. Plenty of positives, but we got outplayed.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Some really dumb rugby from the Wallabies tonight they really gifted England that win.
England scored one try that they earnt basically just like ths Scotland game except we didn't sneak.
Honeymoon is over Cheika time to show them the ugly side.

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
I'm from a place where the norm is to play the simple rugby, boring rugby, tactic rugby or whatever you call it. For that reason I admire the running rugby and that's the reason why Super Rugby is my favourite rugby tournament.

To watch tactic rugby I can watch: "Georgia vs Romania"

Perhaps league is your game. I'll keep watching Rugby. Now, in the interests of observing the laws of arguing on the internet, I will now concede the argument to you.

Rugby Union should be more like Rugby League. There you go - winner!

Status
Not open for further replies.