• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Fiji, 3pm Sat 10th June, AAMI Park, Melbourne

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I think we'll see pretty much a follow on from last year's core side, with this match being used to get the rust out of the system before the Scotland game the following weekend. Good to see some fresh faces in the squad but I think any experimentation will be saved for the Italy game.

We'll at least see a debutante in the back row for this match though, I think it will be big Ned. DHP if fit, otherwise Folau to the wing and Hunt to debut. Sio I believe isn't available for the first test.

1. Smith
2. Moore
3. Kepu
4. Arnold
5. Coleman
6. Timani
7. Hooper
8. Higginbotham
9. Genia
10. Foley
11. Speight
12. Hodge
13. Kerevi
14. DHP/Folau
15. Folau/Hunt

16. Latu
17. Robertson
18. Ala'alatoa
19. Carter
20. Hanigan
21. Phipps
22. Cooper
23. Kuridrani

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hopefully Powell will backup Genia, or even be given a chance to start one of these tests........

I would expect Kuridrani as the incumbent to start.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Likewise I think Kuridrani will start, and after Cheika's comments last night Folau will start and Hunt will be on the bench.
Apart from that I think you've nailed it KOB

joeyjohnz

Sydney Middleton (9)
Judging by Chieka's comments regarding Folau & Hunt on Kick&Chase last night, Folau will be 15 and Hunt will be 23.

I'll be the first to say that Chieka's reasoning behind why Folau must be 15 was pretty perplexing, he seems to be a little ignorant of the fact that the back 3 work as a unit moreso nowdays and Wingers aren't restricted to the tram tracks. Folau can easily diffuse bombs and pop up midfield for tackle-breaks and offloads from the wing.

joeyjohnz

Sydney Middleton (9)
I also got the feeling that Kerevi had moved himself to the top of the pecking order; the way that Chieka talked about him and his "leadership qualities", I expect him to start.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I would be very surprised if Folau didn't start at 15, regardless of comments on KnC last night. He is the best No 15 in the country and is in good form again since moving back there at the Tahs. Putting him on the wing would be as pointless as the experiment with him at 13. I know he started with the Wallabies at wing, but hasn't played there for, what, five years?

If DHP isn't fit, I'd expect Naivalu to come onto the wing. Hunt at 23.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
I'm genuinely curious why Hodge is considered the best option (after Beale) for the 12 position. He doesn't offer the second ball playing option that Cheika likes, he's not playing there for the Rebels and he's not in good form either. I'm guessing it's the big (but a bit slow) boot? He's a very good player but to put him as the best 12 available in the nation is a bit perplexing.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Judging by Chieka's comments regarding Folau & Hunt on Kick&Chase last night, Folau will be 15 and Hunt will be 23.

I'll be the first to say that Chieka's reasoning behind why Folau must be 15 was pretty perplexing, he seems to be a little ignorant of the fact that the back 3 work as a unit moreso nowdays and Wingers aren't restricted to the tram tracks. Folau can easily diffuse bombs and pop up midfield for tackle-breaks and offloads from the wing.

Spread them around?
I reckon he'd be better stopping them going off by de-fusing them. ;)

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
According to viagogo, less than 1% of tickets left.
Maybe nobody selling on viagogo since there's still heaps of tickets available on Ticketek?

No problem requesting a dozen platinum seats right now.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Maybe nobody selling on viagogo since there's still heaps of tickets available on Ticketek?

No problem requesting a dozen platinum seats right now.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Had a bit of a squiz and seems to be approx. 250-500 tickets left.

Although that doesn't include sections that will be closed off......

(and something else: platinum tickets for Wallabies v Italy start from $36)

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Great ticket sales.

It's good to see Wallaby supporters going to a match that is a guaranteed win.

I'm sure they won't be disappointed in a hard fought test match against one of the leading test nations. It will be a gripping contest that will no doubt increase our viewing television public.

I'm for more tests against Georgia, Mexico, Samoa, USA and say Canada to further build our winning stats:)

Status
Not open for further replies.