• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Fiji, 3pm Sat 10th June, AAMI Park, Melbourne

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Also is it weird that we've put all of the.... um.... darker... members of the team in the back row together?

I mean it might be an 'islander unity' move by them, but it looks strange.

particularly when one is the shortest guy in the team...

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
Also is it weird that we've put all of the.... um.... darker... members of the team in the back row together?

hxyttpk.gif

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member

And how is a scrum-half, typically the "animated midget" of the team, in the back row? Little Joe Powell is in the front row. Something I've never ever seen in a rugby photo.

PJB81

Bob McCowan (2)
No, not really. THey are still playing Dewar Shield this weekend. On a test weekend?

Sure the start times are different (9:30am, 3rd grade, HA!), but still I would have cancelled it for an arvo test. An evening is a different proposition.

Surely these mid season test could have been scheduled for a Sunday afternoon

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Surely these mid season test could have been scheduled for a Sunday afternoon

It's a long weekend down here. I'm surprised they scheduled it at all on a long weekend. Despite the shitty excellent weather, a lot of people go on a mini break. My Office is like a ghost town today.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

Back seat rebels.

Who'd want to be one of the nerds down the front?

I reckon the guys in the back row are yelling out NARC at Ned Hanigan for sitting next to the captain.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Pretty funny that the scheduling of a test match is being complained about. The Super rugby season, Lions tour in NZ, NH club season all have a bearing on the schedule of these June internationals. Whilst I'm sure someone will complain about this, but I don't think the ARU can be worrying about some local one off event when it comes to a test match schedule.

Sunday afternoon test match would not capatlise on what years of TV viewing and advertising analysis has shown, and that is Saturday night sport still sits at the top of the tree.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
From Payto and Panda.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n/news-story/01cc75eb7f6c4ec0694164f801ae37ab

No more tests for Melbourne then......... [/2010 flashback mode]

Seriously though, I don't think we should have expected much considering the state of rugby in Australia and the quality of the opposition.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
No more tests for Melbourne then... [/2010 flashback mode]

Seriously though, I don't think we should have expected much considering the state of rugby in Australia and the quality of the opposition.
Again, we had 30k for England last year. 2nd tier team coupled with the Super Rugby debacle = less tickets sold.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Again, we had 30k for England last year. 2nd tier team coupled with the Super Rugby debacle = less tickets sold.

Don't worry, I was being facetious...........

There were calls from some folk back then for Canberra to no longer receive tests because they only got 15,000 against Fiji, also a year after getting a large crowd for Italy.

I have to also agree about Saturday afternoon not being an ideal time as you're not going to pull in the club rugby crowd........ it should be a no brainer that afternoon games occur on a Sunday, or at least capitalise on the Crusaders v Lions viewers with a 7.30pm timeslot.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
promoted as such.

It looks fairly loose in terms of event.

I think the onus is definitely on these guys, not the ARU, to check on conflicts. It looks like they announced dates on 14 Feb this year whereas the ARU announced details of these tests in November last year.

And whoever organised it did't realise there is a significant U12 Jnr Rugby carnival in Brisbane on the same weekend!

It is first weekend of school holidays which will likely be a consideration for junior events. Unfortunate timing.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Saturday right when First Grade are kicking off is a stupid fucking idea. Next week the Suburban comp has a bye here so there are no other commitment.s

If I could be arsed to drive to Canberra, and freeze my tits off while I'm at it, I'd go.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Saturday right when First Grade are kicking off is a stupid fucking idea. Next week the Suburban comp has a bye here so there are no other commitment.s

If I could be arsed to drive to Canberra, and freeze my tits off while I'm at it, I'd go.

It's in Melbourne.......

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

Next week's game is in Sydney which is probably why there is a bye!

Status
Not open for further replies.