• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Fiji, 3pm Sat 10th June, AAMI Park, Melbourne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I would guess that Cheikas 2017 plan is to have the finishing side the equal of, or even better than, the starting side.
Makes sense. Generally the first 15-20 minutes of a test match is very evenly contested and a wash on the scoreboard.
In last couple of years we have seen many tests slip away from us in the last quarter or thereabouts.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Don't know why you'd bother. Moore is circling the drain. Latu and TPN were streets ahead in Super Rugby.

I don't see Moore as finished, in a coherent forward pack playing direct and tight he is still an asset.

Latu maybe the future, but at the moment his decision making is quite average and leads to often to errors, penalties and yellow cards.

A bit like TPN was early in his career, he needs to learn to play within himself a bit more and make better decisions

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Looking forward to seeing how players rewarded for form in Super Rugby go. Carter and Higgers deserved to be recalled for their great from this year. Whilst all the debutants including hunt deserve their opportunity.

Pleased to see form being key criteria then just incumbency as with rugby woes at present sends the right measages.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
They should make the Italy test in Brisbane free. Not many will turn up including me and mine. Rather save the $20 parking fee and buy a bottle of RED and flick the telly between the game and a re-run of Gilligan's Island

These mid year tests are just laughable, that is, except Scotland.

In some ways I'd love Scotland to win (as they probably should have a couple of times over the past few years).

The real test of the Wallabies will, once again, be against the AB's, SA and even Argentina

WOW. I didn't know re-runs of Gilligan's Island was on - stuff the test!

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Whats even more ridiculous is that on the day of the Italy test the 24th of June there is a massive junior Rugby Union carnival being held on the Gold Coast. There are teams coming from all over the South East (Brisbane, Ispwich, Toowoomba, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast & Northern NSW) 200 teams in total from u6 through to u14. The above people are surely the core audience the ARU are trying to attract.

The point being does anybody from the ARU check what is happening within their core demographic when scheduling tests? I honestly reckon there would a few thousand people at this carnival who would go to the test if it wasn't for this carnival.

I know there have been a number of "how stupid are the ARU" comments coming from our club.

I'd imagine that at this time of year the rugby diary would be fairly full on. Whichever Saturday was picked will collide with another rugby tournament in the country. Besides which, the ARU scheduling would be made to coincide with the International schedule set by powers beyond the ARU

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
DB1xGvXVYAAQfJl.jpg:large

Joe Powell and Richard Hardwick in line to make their test debuts.

You have to feel for a guy with the name Dick Hardwick. No wonders he's in the Wallabies. Its sort of like 'a boy named Sue'.
Toughen up or ship out

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
So, are any of you collective Rugby types up for a Beer either before or after the game? The Sporting Globe and the London Tavern have been suggested. Basic requirements: Beer, and the Lions v 'Saders on a big screen.

Who's in?

Tim I can catch up for an hour or so after the game, just let me know location.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
London Tavern. Kevin and I are flying up there post march, closest place we know that will have the Lions on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
This is a banana peel game for the Wallabies. Win comfortably, and it will be just what was expected - no big deal. Win close or lose and it will be like the end of sanity in Australia - maybe even for the coach. They need to have a big win for it to count to many of the fans.

Hopefully, none of the new players has a particularly poor game, as crucifixion will be on the cards.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's a lovely day in Melbourne for it........... saw a few groups of fans of both teams on the train from Footscray.

I'll be watching from work though.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Security is taking forever and a day.

Won't be surprised if the full crowd isn't here till 20ish minutes after kickoff.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Thank god for the sun right now, makes it hard to see all the green seats on the opposite side. Fully expected it though, hard to see anyone in Melbourne supporting anything ARU right now. Perth would be likewise.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Errr what? Where do they find these fucking refs these days?

The TMO has a replay that clearly shows exactly what happens but then plays 3 other angles showing exactly fuck all and goes with those.

Folau clearly got a hand on that.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
5 min in and Genia has a box kick charged down.

It truly is test season.

7 min in and he box kicks to a corner with not a single Wallaby on that side of the field to chase it.

Great stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom