• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v France 1st test - Suncorp 7 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I love the voiceover on that video.

Poor Tim Gavin really wore one there for sticking up for Fitzy getting his head stomped on.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
I'm sure Horwill hasn't forgotten this either

Took the words right out of my mouth!

Horwill-eye.jpg

Both Moore and Horwill still around to get some revenge!

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Took the words right out of my mouth!

Horwill-eye.jpg

Both Moore and Horwill still around to get some revenge!

Looked the same after the Rebels match...

The best part of the old clip is how each of the French players managed to look entirely innocent of all charges. Genuinely shocked that they'd been carded for king hits and head stomps.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
I think that this is more the reason:

"Rugby fans are also saving their cash for the Bledisloe Cup later this year which will sell out Suncorp Stadium."

With the extortionate costs that are the Bledisloe tickets people have to make a choice - Go to the Bled & nothing else or go to the other games and not the Bled.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Ah, the crowd at Brisbane will be fine, a few of us Southerners are coming up for some Northern hospitality, and we'll all be in gold, and the filthy Frogs will be the damn Lannisters of the show for us to hate on!!
Can't wait!!
Carn the Wobs!!

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)

"Rugby fans are also saving their cash for the Bledisloe Cup later this year which will sell out Suncorp Stadium."

With the extortionate costs that are the Bledisloe tickets people have to make a choice - Go to the Bled & nothing else or go to the other games and not the Bled.

But the price of the Bledisloe in 2012 was roughly the same as it is this year - I remember having to remortgage the house then as well.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Ah, the crowd at Brisbane will be fine, a few of us Southerners are coming up for some Northern hospitality, and we'll all be in gold, and the filthy Frogs will be the damn Lannisters of the show for us to hate on!!
Can't wait!!
Carn the Wobs!!
Hodor

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
But the price of the Bledisloe in 2012 was roughly the same as it is this year - I remember having to remortgage the house then as well.

I must admit to free tickets in 2012......... ;)

I think also the general economy is biting....

Reactions: gel

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Just on the crowd, the fact it's a long weekend and our participation sports are giving us a break means that some of us are getting out of town.

Having said that, I've also turned down a couple of tickets to watch the reds from the corporate box this year. Too frustrating. But that just makes me hungrier to watch the wallabies - living vicariously through the success of the Brums, the Tahs and Qld B sorry Qld A sorry the Force only gets you so far.....

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
Anyone got a comment on the gameplan. Obviously win the biff but apart from that, where do we try to expose them? Any glaring weaknesses in either team that need to be accounted for?
I'd say Nick White will be gettng plenty of attention for a start.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)

SOO substantially increased their ticket prices this year.

The Wallabies tickets are significantly cheaper.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Anyone got a comment on the gameplan. Obviously win the biff but apart from that, where do we try to expose them? Any glaring weaknesses in either team that need to be accounted for?

I think we should look to run them off their feet. The French are at the end of a long season and Top 14 rugby is often quite slow. A quick game, as long as we can match their physicality should open them up.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)

I've been giving that some thought. If it were me, the instructions would be:

1, Smash 'em early. Never, ever, give the Frogs an early leg up because once they start playing well they are next to impossible to stop.

2, Get up in their faces on defence and suffocate them. Line speed will be key. You want to exert so much pressure on their ball that they start to lose their rag a bit. Once you get a French team arguing with each other they're yours.

3, Nothing fancy in the first quarter of the game. Play good field position, win your set pieces and make your tackles.

4, Run that big French pack around. Make them defend a lot and get them blowing hard.

5, Keep the score board ticking over. Take all the points on offer and give them nothing easily.

6, Test their 10/12 channel by running plenty of big bodies at pace through there. Foley should be using the inside ball a lot and have the likes of Cliffy, Carter, Moore and Fardy rumbling up the guts.

lpd

Jimmy Flynn (14)
A really aggressive defence is important, if you can rattle the French attack they have no clue, at points in the six nations you could put a blanket over their entire team

Status
Not open for further replies.