• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v France 1st test - Suncorp 7 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Plus, hardly any average punter knows anything about the French players. Many big rugby fans don't know much about them.

The average punter barely knows any Wallabies. Without Cooper and Genia it's really only Folau that has any wider recognition. And maybe the Honey Badger.

Moore is a good captain from a playing side of things but Izzy will still be front and centre of all the PR.

T

Train Without a Station

Between getting his head punched in last time, the stomping charge and crying on Etihad, at least Horwill was a bit more noticeable as a captain from that point of view.

All Moore does is train hard, play well and keep his nose clean. Can't do anything with that!

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Between getting his head punched in last time, the stomping charge and crying on Etihad, at least Horwill was a bit more noticeable as a captain from that point of view.

All Moore does is train hard, play well and keep his nose clean. Can't do anything with that!

you can in time if it brings the right results..

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member

I don't want to sound harsh, or get too personal, but Moore is a pretty boring guy. Speaks in a monotone, never rocks the boat, doesn't seem too vibrant or funny.

Works great on a rugby field, but in terms of promotions he is next to useless. Guys like AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Folau, Cummins and Hooper will probably lead the PR campaign.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
What will bring crowds and media support is WINNING, winning everything or nearly everything.

The fact that Squeak has zero personality (but a fabulous player) makes no real difference. If you want random PR then make The Badger the go-to PR guy for the Wallabies haha

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I don't want to sound harsh, or get too personal, but Moore is a pretty boring guy. Speaks in a monotone, never rocks the boat, doesn't seem too vibrant or funny.

Works great on a rugby field, but in terms of promotions he is next to useless. Guys like AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Folau, Cummins and Hooper will probably lead the PR campaign.

You're such a back trapped in a giraffe's body.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Just a vaguely relevant aside: Reds' fans may well remember Freddie M's carving up performance at 10 vs the Reds in the S15 QF vs Sharks @ Suncorp on 21 July 2012. Freddie Converted 3/3, kicked 2/2 penalties and 1/1 drop goals plus steered the then Sharks around very well indeed...the final loss to the Reds that night was 17-30.

I was actually trying to forget that......

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
You're such a back trapped in a giraffe's body.

Didn't know you had seen my passing skills. Your assertion is quite correct.

I love Moore, I really do. I just don't want to see him on a panel show like 'the Back Page'.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Scrubber is right, win a lot and people will take notice. NFJ and Eales were great captains and eloquent men, but they weren't exactly zany personalities. It was the excitement machines around them who captured the imagination and the fact that we won an awful lot of test matches during their tenure.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
I could be wrong but I think he played so long ago it was before the new regulations and therefore doesn't count?

And it actually has to be against another 'A' side. Had a look a the regulations last year - Games against Barbarians & 'World' team do not count apparently.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Didn't know you had seen my passing skills. Your assertion is quite correct.

I love Moore, I really do. I just don't want to see him on a panel show like 'the Back Page'.

Jeez barbarian - that is a very brave thing to say expressing your innermost feelings on such a public forum about Stephen.

I congratulate you.

PS I don't want to see him on the Back Page" as well.

T

Train Without a Station

I don't want to see anybody on "The Back Page". Especially the current host and panel. Bring back Gibson and Birmingham!

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I don't want to see anybody on "The Back Page". Especially the current host and panel. Bring back Gibson and Birmingham!

Amen to that. Have been listening to the podcast while on the road and it is a poor imitation of the former show. It's just a collection of bland interviews and funny youtube clips now, where the old show used to discuss sporting issues in real depth with people who knew what they were talking about.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
I don't mind Adam Spencer.

The current Back Page panel appear to know very little about Rugby, other than its that sport that the Honey Badger plays.

T

Train Without a Station

I find they have tried to replace the 12th man, who was both knowledgeable on sport and quite funny, with a rotating cast of 5th panel members who are neither knowledgeable, nor funny, despite their constant attempts at it.

Plus Tony Squires fucking shits me to tears.

Reactions: BPC
Status
Not open for further replies.