• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v France, Brisbane, Sat 17th July, 8pm

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Amazingly Penaud was contained when they had a man advantage. Jaminet doesn't even play in the top league which is nuts.

They certainly have the depth. I personally doubt they have the ceiling though. Lots of talk and fuck all results. Could be wrong though.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Interestingly the knives have been coming out for the French coach recently amongst their fans. Initially Galthié was hailed as a genius, but now they're cottoning on to the fact that their results are more down to an absolutely special, top shelf generation of talent and most coaches should be able to get the same results if not better. Tonight they're really pissed off as losing against a 14 man team does show a bit of a lack of tactical nous.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Is it nuts? He had a nice catch or two and ran around a forward once but looked largely pedestrian in attack.

It was actually basically 14 on 14 since that right winger did nothing.

Well he didn't look out of place in this tour against our best team when he's playing in the French version of Randwick.

Double Agent

Allen Oxlade (6)
I'd like to say a massive thanks to the French team for the huge effort to come out and make this series possible. Coming out in the middle of a global pandemic, doing quarantine and making an awesome Test series possible. I know the team tonight has copped some (quite legitimate) criticism. And I was yelling abuse at the TV too, but they deserve a cheers - thanks France. I've been lucky enough to see a few Wallaby v France test in Paris and their fans are great rugby people, always welcoming, always passionate.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Interestingly the knives have been coming out for the French coach recently amongst their fans. Initially Galthié was hailed as a genius, but now they're cottoning on to the fact that their results are more down to an absolutely special, top shelf generation of talent and most coaches should be able to get the same results if not better. Tonight they're really pissed off as losing against a 14 man team does show a bit of a lack of tactical nous.
Perhaps they have better guys at home and they rested the 12 who is good, however, their backs have largely done fuck all. 10-13 tonight were completely anonymous with a numerical advantage. Also look pretty weak in contact, Paisami ran over them basically every carry.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I loved the way he was laying the law down to the others in his third test.

Quality player (and a second rower that will keep BR very happy) :)

Darcy did no more than both Rugby Reg and I knew he was capable of all along.

And Swinton really surprised me tonight. The form both were in reminded me of the U20s when they played together, undeservedly as understudies to Hocking and Blyth.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Haha - BR - can’t believe I gave you a mention and you used it as an opportunity to bag Hockings & Blyth.

Fuck me mate - just be happy. Your boy did good.
Hahaha, and you came in before with the “is that needed”.

Reactions: TSR

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Who won the turnover out wide in the second half? The French were trying to exploit their numerical advantage and got cut in half and turned over. I think that would be my play of the match just because it might've made them think twice about spinning it.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Who won the turnover out wide in the second half? The French were trying to exploit their numerical advantage and got cut in half and turned over. I think that would be my play of the match just because it might've made them think twice about spinning it.
Big Isi with someone helping, either Len or Reece

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
What really bummed about is finally see Isi playing great test match footy as he heads to Japan..

I'm hoping Rennie is whispering sweet delights in his & Koribete's ears about do a year or two, come back for 2023. Lay off the mochi balls and come home to Gold.

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)

The Naisarani one where France were running it out of the 22?

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
If it’s the one I’m thinking of it was Hooper. He pushed up and pushed the French back inside to the inside defender and then doubled back and won the ball. Dare I say it, it was classic 7 play.