• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Portugal, RWC Pool C, Mon 2 Oct 2.45AM

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
According to Doran, largely the same team except those changes in the midfield and McReight coming back in for Leota…

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
According to Doran, largely the same team except those changes in the midfield and McReight coming back in for Leota
It doesn't actually mention Leota does it? It just says McReight is being recalled to OSF, that spot was occupied by Hooper.

Agent

Bill Watson (15)
It'll be very interesting to observe how the team on the park approach this game and their general demeanour. My hope is that they rip in hard and tear Portugal a new one. I want to see some emotion, a bit of passion. The worst outcome would be a limp display where we win or lose by a couple of points. That would then tell me that this group have lost hope and that would be very sad to witness. They don't deserve that.

Agreed. The Australian rugby community doesn't deserve that!!

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Why even say that. We know you’re giving them a run as you should at this point.

Not a Perese fan but Petaia hasn’t done a thing since the first 30 mins against Georgia anyway.
Jordan was poor at 13, and Perese is known for his big shots, but I'm not sure Perese is the answer to managing a poor defensive system in our backline. Very little comment on these threads about what looked to be a tactic to me in the tests so far that Kerevi was defending in the 13 spot while Petaia was somewhere else. I was really unable to nail his spot down in defence. Also, as Nick Bishop illustrated on the Roar, there was another version of musical chairs or barn dance going on between the wingers and No 15 in the back field defence. It has been a complete shambles and I expect no improvement with different personnel in the centres.

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Jordan was poor at 13, and Perese is known for his big shots, but I'm not sure Perese is the answer to managing a poor defensive system in our backline. Very little comment on these threads about what looked to be a tactic to me in the tests so far that Kerevi was defending in the 13 spot while Petaia was somewhere else. I was really unable to nail his spot down in defence. Also, as Nick Bishop illustrated on the Roar, there was another version of musical chairs or barn dance going on between the wingers and No 15 in the back field defence. It has been a complete shambles and I expect no improvement with different personnel in the centres.
Yep, Ikitau is the only good defender we have at 13

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Petaia has been really poor in the 13 jersey. Ikitau is head and shoulders the best 13, but Perese can’t do any worse than Petaia has been going
Petaia just isn’t a 13 imo, he also needs to get busier and go looking for work more on the field

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
Screen Shot 2023-09-29 at 5.30.17 pm.png

Last edited: