• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Pumas, GIO Stadium, Canberra, Sat 16th September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Thats nuts. Foley was OK.

Kepu and Hooper in the first and McMahon in the second were standouts. McMahon still struggled in the early exchanges in tight. Cant help thinking that Timani should be starting at 8 with McMahon on the flank.
Dempsey or someone else on the bench.
Hanigan had a horrible first 30 minutes again.

K

KAOPointman

Foley awarded MOTM.... that's going to rile up a few people.
Naaaah....his perfect conversion rate easily nullified his kick out on the full, his charged down kick(again) and his total lack of impact/involvement in our scoring attack moves and pedestrian passing all game! Be fair ;)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Yeah I'm thinking that Cheika is orchestrating a mobility over brute back row. We lose the collision though, so maybe he counters that with big backs e.g.

We'd all love to see Timani really assert himself at number 8 but right now I reckon McMahon is doing a better job of being more physical and winning collisions than he is.

That was a really good game from him and rivalled his game in Bledisloe 2.

When we were under the pump in the first half I think Hooper and McMahon were really key to our scrambling defence and keeping us in the game.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

K

KAOPointman

I'm guessing these things are voted for on social media? Fucking weird. Can think of half a dozen or more who were better.
Well isn't that the funniest coincidence....you were just having a go at me in another thread for continually pointing out Bernard's Foleys, which I again explained was because SOOO many people are blind to it....and look what happens! POINT PROVEN I THINK!

(Did he really get MOTM? I don't believe it.....)

K

KAOPointman

We'd all love to see Timani really assert himself at number 8 but right now I reckon McMahon is doing a better job of being more physical and winning collisions than he is.

When we were under the pump in the first half I think Hooper and McMahon were really key to our scrambling defence and keeping us in the game.

Totally agree....I think their mobility showed its potential tonight......it could have been a cricket score with better finishing of some of there impact plays in the first half!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Well isn't that the funniest coincidence..you were just having a go at me in another thread for continually pointing out Bernard's Foleys, which I again explained was because SOOO many people are blind to it..and look what happens! POINT PROVEN I THINK!

(Did he really get MOTM? I don't believe it...)

o_O

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Well isn't that the funniest coincidence..you were just having a go at me in another thread for continually pointing out Bernard's Foleys, which I again explained was because SOOO many people are blind to it..and look what happens! POINT PROVEN I THINK!

Channel 10 MOTM. Serious.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

Yeah dude, i don't think i've ever seen a post from you about anything other than how bad Foley is. Get over it.

K

KAOPointman

Yeah dude, i don't think i've ever seen a post from you about anything other than how bad Foley is. Get over it.
So If it's all bad, Is that a reflection on ME....or FOLEY! And maybe try looking 3 posts above...I comment plenty on other things......(I find it interesting that the haters never debate what I say about Foleys performances.....rather you show a lack of decency and have a crack at me......you do realize he plays a lot of tests......so if he's playing garbage your going to hear a lot of criticism)
I'm not going anywhere.....you may just have to embrace that)

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)

I'm not suggesting McMahon missing out. I would put Timani at 8 to lock the scrum with McMahon moving to 6.

Horses for courses maybe. We got away with a lack of muscle in the back row this week unlike against the Boks

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
I really struggle to understand the Hanigan selection. He is tremendously ineffective. It's not a lack of effort but into contact - whether ruck or with ball or even tackling - he doesn't get the job done. I saw him twice run all guns blazing into tackles with bad technique to go flying off with the tacklee just carrying on. Very ineffective at the ruck and making no ground with ball in hand. It is really odd that he continues to start.
The crowd in Canberra. Let me guess "it was cold" (it's always cold) or "it's the second weekend in September. Doesn't the ARU know that everyone leaves town that weekend?"
They continue to fail to draw a crowd.
I always thought brumbies should go via merger and I think if that's what you draw to a rugby championship test then send the game to Adelaide, Tassie, or a regional city. You'll get the same or more turning out and it will be a better story

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I'm not suggesting McMahon missing out. I would put Timani at 8 to lock the scrum with McMahon moving to 6.

Horses for courses maybe. We got away with a lack of muscle in the back row this week unlike against the Boks

If only Timani had some demonstrated form this year

Status
Not open for further replies.