• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies V Samoa - Test 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Holmes historically was a LHP, it was a surprise that he kept filling Slippers spot at THP rather than Shephardson. I thought on that basis that he did have a good season in his less favoured position.

Without seeing him regularly at LHP this year it's hard to say he is any better a scrummager there than Daley, let alone anyone else.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Cowan is solid in defence as well. He put on more than his share of huge hits this season. I think he will fit in fine.

W

waves

It will be a straight swap with Pek Cowan to enter the squad its only a matter of time.

W

What2040

Holmes historically was a LHP, it was a surprise that he kept filling Slippers spot at THP rather than Shephardson. I thought on that basis that he did have a good season in his less favoured position.

Without seeing him regularly at LHP this year it's hard to say he is any better a scrummager there than Daley, let alone anyone else.

thought holmes always replaced daley at LHP and Slipper stayed on as THP - only last 2 matches when Slipper crook that Holmes went to THP - much better to have Daley and Holmes than Daley and Shep - with Holmes on bench. Both much better around the paddock

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Pecker held his end up well against Gordon last Saturday and snarled a couple of times.

If there are forum members of a religious bent on the forum, say a little prayer for the continued good health of S. Kepu and J. Slipper.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
We can't afford to have a pot plant anymore than we can afford to have a poor scrummager. A potplant will be found out just as much in defense - see Guy Sherpherdson for the Reds this year.

Someone that is passable at both is the answer.

Tell me just one game where Al Baxter was exposed defensively. Trust me, you'll be struggling. Deans requires all props to have abilities in the following priority order: Good open-field runner, defensively sound, good lineout lifter, good in the tight attacking rucks......last and least important requirement ability to scrummage.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Tell me just one game where Al Baxter was exposed defensively. Trust me, you'll be struggling. Deans requires all props to have abilities in the following priority order: Good open-field runner, defensively sound, good lineout lifter, good in the tight attacking rucks......last and least important requirement ability to scrummage.

I wasn't referring to Baxter. Trust me.

Nor would I put him in the excellent category in the set piece.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Do you have to buy tickets via ticketek or can you purchase them at the gate?

You can get them at the gate - LG

Cheers LG. I haven't confirmed numbers yet and didn't want to buy tickets only to have more people want to come or pull out. Buying them at the gate will be the far more flexible option.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I go away from the board for a few days and Pek Cowan is in the Wallaby squad?

The what?!

From what I saw Longbottom was the better LH prop at the Force...

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
It makes you wonder what Holmes did wrong? But Pek Cowan seems to be better this year.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
That's win-win for mine, Davies deserves a crack and this is as good as game as any while he also hasn't played too many games in a row with his injury layoff. Added to this I'd hate to see princess injured badly against a big Samoan before the Tri-Nations.

Status
Not open for further replies.