• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Springboks - Suncorp, Brisbane, 10th September 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
Good question regarding the lineout caller.
Depends on who gets the most minutes. Which depends on the bench selection.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yeah I'd think its time to get Robertson in there. The scrum hasn't been bad, but he's a nugget, deserves his shot, and is also handy around the park.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Wonder what structure they will use in defence?

It does mean one of DHP, Foley and Cooper has to be in the front line.

Surely can't leave DHP hanging in the wind at out side centre again

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
My addiction to rugby is being cured. I can see why so many selections are made and pig headed obstinacy is a big reason for a couple of them.

The two playmaker model is beyond rubbish. It is a hindrance to good play and I am convinced the Pooper is as well. Continuing with Folau at 15 as well and we just have far too many people out of position and not with the core skill sets (if our under skilled players could match up anyway) to make a complete side.

It is a very shit situation when ones approaches a test and relies on how shit the opposition is through self induced crapness to have any chance. It is worse when I think about the waste of potential that we have in the Australian side.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Cheika's selections of some just baffle me.

I hate to say it but the BOKS are looking good to notch up a win and deliver us our 7th consecutive.

I was going to attend the game with a few but fuck it - I don't want to be seen supporting a coach that is so deficient in selection.

Seriously Sio (not so bad), Moore, Mumm, Hooper Foley and DHP ???
AND Folau not at 13

He had an opportunity to do something substantially different

I think I will just watch it on TV and HOPE the Boks are worse than us.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Cooper Foley DHP and Kerevi - none are great defenders (3 have little to no experience defending in the line; Foley / Cooper always drop back to fullback and DHP is a fullback)- and at least 3 will defend in the line at once - Boks backline is going to have a field day.

When Kerevi is your best defender in the line you got problems.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Cheika's selections of some just baffle me.

I hate to say it but the BOKS are looking good to notch up a win and deliver us our 7th consecutive.

I was going to attend the game with a few but fuck it - I don't want to be seen supporting a coach that is so deficient in selection.

Seriously Sio (not so bad), Moore, Mumm, Hooper Foley and DHP ???
AND Folau not at 13

He had an opportunity to do something substantially different

I think I will just watch it on TV and HOPE the Boks are worse than us.

I'm actually more scared of scrapping through a miracle win (whilst the same players have poor games)- but we scrapped through a win through individual efforts of Folau and/or Cooper - then Cheika justifying his horrible selections and further sticking with them.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
The defensive system is far too complicated.
There is a lack of speed in the backs due to no proper wingers.
To hide DHP Cooper and Foley is a bridge too far.
Foley's bad kicking loses him the gig IMHO. (I am a Foley Fan).
I would have Hodge or Godwin at 12. They can kick / run / defend in the front line.
TK at 13 due to better defense than Kerevi.
Mitchell at 14 for extra kicking + speed + a proper winger.
DHP to 15 for kicking and to keep him at the back for defense (hide him).
IF to wing with a roving commission.
ie Foley and Kerevi out with DHP and Izzy to swap and TK and Mitchell in.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
The locks are the problem in the forwards. They have been for ages.
Lets hope Arnold evolves into a world class player.
Coleman and Arnold have potential.
Douglas might still be getting back to 100% after his knee injury. Until we have a line bending No 8 then we have no room for Simmons even though he is our best set piece exponent.
I don't think Skelton will ever have enough speed or output to make the grade.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
And of the 35 comments on the front page I see 1 that is dead against Mumm.

Shame I had to read in the team announcement that it would cause outrage in QLD.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Sprungboks/Sprangboks/Springlessboks/Hopping goats:

Springboks – 15 Johan Goosen, 14 Bryan Habana, 13 Jesse Kriel, 12 Juan de Jongh, 11 Francois Hougaard, 10 Elton Jantjies, 9 Faf de Klerk, 8 Warren Whiteley, 7 Oupa Mohoje, 6 Francois Louw, 5 Lood de Jager, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Lourens Adriaanse, 2 Adriaan Strauss (c), 1 Tendai Mtawarira.
Subs: 16 Bongi Mbonambi, 17 Steven Kitshoff, 18 Trevor Nyakane, 19 Franco Mostert, 20 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 21 Jaco Kriel, 22 Morné Steyn, 23 Lionel Mapoe.

So it goes a little something like this:
Strauss will get all the games until he retires at the end of the year but really should not be there. Malcolm Marx should be blooded now.

Louw must have something on Coetzee. Something real bad. He has been awful and directly responsible for poor breakdown performance along with his captain. The pooper will perform in this match with little competition if any at all.

Hougaard on the wing. Happy to give him a shot. When he is on song he makes things happen. Apparently really sharp after all the training with the sevens team.

New midfield. Happy for de Jongh to get another shot. Hopefully they taught him to pass in the sevens. I have never seen the ball leave his hands. Kriel has proven himself at this level.

M Steyn on the bench = STUPIDITY. Basically tells Jantjes that he better not miss kicks? WTF? You want people on the bench who can make something happen. WTF? de Allende should be on the bench. Coetzee is a moron of note.

Status
Not open for further replies.