• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Springboks - Suncorp, Brisbane, 10th September 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
For something that's a tradition you certainly don't see a lot of it happening hence my comment that it probably rubs the corporates the wrong way.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

From speaking to players, it still happens just in the rooms after the game because it upsets the sponsors. Genia and Cooper doing it on the field was the exception.

I'm of the view that the sponsors can just suck it up - they get 80mins of coverage during the game plus plenty during the week at pressers etc. So they can't use a post game photo of Genia. Bad luck. I'd much prefer that the jersey was sponsor free as it is during the RWC.

I recall many years ago that George Peponis swapped his jersey, shorts and socks on the filed after a RL Test

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I like to see it, though I do wonder if sometimes players do it on the field as part of an act, see nothing wrong with it being done either way. I do think one of the reasons it done in the sheds afterwards, is they so bloody hard to get off!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
And sometimes when completely uncalled for.

auswall_zpslaqgvhwl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.