• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Springboks - Suncorp, Brisbane, 10th September 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
We are the only people that believe in Timani as starter, Cheika doesn't see him even as reserve, and he loves Hooper so I can't see Timani playing as starter, in a blink of an eye, without an injury crisis.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Australian rugby must have such poor depth if selecting Timani at 8 is looming as a realistic option.

In time I'd hope his long term position was at 6, but it is a massive risk to play him at 8 and control the ball at the back of the scrum when he has played lock all year. Not to mention he probably doesn't have the workrate required to play in the backrow.

It would make more sense for Fardy to play at 8 and Timani at 6 because of the former's safe hands, but he has played fuck all there.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
We are the only people that believe in Timani as starter.

To be fair, he was a surprise selection for the squad in the first place.............

The idea that he's a 'starter' has only become a recent idea born out of frustration with the current lot..............

I don't believe he has the form, nor the workrate or fitness required to be a test backrower....... and while our forwards do currently lack strong ball carriers, I'm skeptical that he will fill that void - but am perfectly happy to be proved wrong.........

Anyways, the issues with our forward pack lie less with the backrow, and more with the tight five.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
So if he's got such poor technique that has been exposed on multiple occasions, it does beg the question why he's being selected if it hasn't been addressed. That is Cheika's responsibility.

DHP has played less than a handfull of games and has impressed in a couple. That's the sort of performance that for a young possible star of the future we should persist with.

The thing is though, he's 27.

He has looked a but headless chicken recently, but I have no doubt the in general poor positional tactics, the shuffling defence, the invitation given to the tram tracks and fast opposition, the shuffling positons and combinations between attack and defence, and the Kiwi speed on the counter... all have something to do with the headless chicken effect.

I'm not sure DHP is the right guy, the best available or worth persisting with. And given we have to cope with Gray and Larkham right now, some latitude might be offered in DHP's defence.

Personally I like the calls for Morahan, but lets not sacrifice DHP.

HoldingOn

Alfred Walker (16)
DHP has played less than a handfull of games and has impressed in a couple. That's the sort of performance that for a young possible star of the future we should persist with.

The thing is though, he's 27.

He has looked a but headless chicken recently, but I have no doubt the in general poor positional tactics, the shuffling defence, the invitation given to the tram tracks and fast opposition, the shuffling positons and combinations between attack and defence, and the Kiwi speed on the counter. all have something to do with the headless chicken effect.

I'm not sure DHP is the right guy, the best available or worth persisting with. And given we have to cope with Gray and Larkham right now, some latitude might be offered in DHP's defence.

Personally I like the calls for Morahan, but lets not sacrifice DHP.
What we really need is Kurtley Beale back. Put him on the wing.

Lee Enfield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
That is pretty much on the mark with the players available. I would swap TPN for Moore and bring Hansen in on the bench.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
So if he's got such poor technique that has been exposed on multiple occasions, it does beg the question why he's being selected if it hasn't been addressed. That is Cheika's responsibility.

Fair call. Not sure if you noticed though, but Cheika likes to try things that fail a couple of times before trying something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.