• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Springboks - Suncorp, Brisbane, 10th September 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
A lot of polite naysayers to my preview.

What above all else I wanted was a proper step up from my two favourite teams. A step past the issues in the background. Right now I'm feeling very satisfied. Keep it going blokes. Blokes means Green. and Gold.

I think Faf needs to kick-in second half and start kicking his pigs. They need direction so the backs get more space. Jantjies is connecting the way he needs to.

This second half we need our locks to try and kick up a gear. Yeah, ridiculous ask I know.

HODGE, what a bloke. Double 10 is looking like it might have something. Best game from Foley this year. Pooper - need to see some turn overs.

Loving it!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Watching some replays at half time, looks like Strauss was wayyyy offside for the intercept. 3m in front of the rest of the defensive line, who look to have greater accelerative abilities than him. Foley still shouldn't have bloody passed it to him though. Pass it over him, we're in. Or go yourself. Bad decision. Would love to see a reverse angle.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
As much as foley will be ribbed, that was just sheer bad luck. What are the chances of a fat 30 something hooker intercepting a rocket ball like that?? Credit to Strauss though, great read

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Pretty happy with the game thus far!!

Foley / Quade axis looking good. Genia looking good.

Kerevi / DHP / Hodge / Folau looking good.

Forwards looking good! Love the Douglas / Coleman 2 row (had a bit of a man-love moment after Coleman scored).

Also didn't think I'd be saying this - but we're not missing Fardy. Mumms been fairly industrious (not only today - hes surprised me all test season). Good workrate in defence and not bad with the ball in hand.

Even Stephen Moores impressed me. Him and Pocock have linked well with the backs, he's been captaining quite well and his defence has been solid.

Feeling confident about the 2nd half.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
As much as foley will be ribbed, that was just sheer bad luck. What are the chances of a fat 30 something hooker intercepting a rocket ball like that?? Credit to Strauss though, great read

Pretty good if he's standing almost in the attacking line! Hard to miss visually.

HoldingOn

Alfred Walker (16)
Pretty happy with the game thus far!!

Foley / Quade axis looking good. Genia looking good.

Kerevi / DHP / Hodge / Folau looking good.

Forwards looking good! Love the Douglas / Coleman 2 row (had a bit of a man-love moment after Coleman scored).

Also didn't think I'd be saying this - but we're not missing Fardy. Mumms been fairly industrious (not only today - hes surprised me all test season). Good workrate in defence and not bad with the ball in hand.

Even Stephen Moores impressed me. Him and Pocock have linked well with the backs, he's been captaining quite well and his defence has been solid.

Feeling confident about the 2nd half.
I can't agree about Moore. Just because his team is performing better doesn't mean he is

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Wallabies. See what happens when you have possession. You get calls go your way.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
Its nice to finally have a playmaker controlling the game. Foley looking much better at 12 tonight which is good to see.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Is this game running late? A lot of competition for TV ratings. League finals, AFL finals. Celtic v Rangers is on. Manc derby soon to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.