• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies versus Wales- SFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
It will be a long time before I lose the mental image of Pat McCabe with a tampon complete with removal string jammed in his nose. Surley he'll score a new nick name.

I was playing Rugby today during the live game so I grabbed the replay & I had to do a double take when I saw McCabe on the side line with the tampon up his nose. I wonder what the brand is - they should sponsor the Wallabies. Put a picture of McCabe's bloody mug complete with Tampon up nose on a box of tampons & that's a brand I would certainly buy. McCabe seems like an easy going bloke, I'm sure he'd be happy to be the face of a feminine sanitary product ;).

Speaking of nick names revolving around sanitary products there was a girl I played Rugby with a few years ago whose nick name was in fact 'Tampon'. The reason was that she was injury prone & missed so many games that she was said to be always "in for 1 week then out for 3".

As for the game itself. I'm glad we won but a bit scrappy from us & a little disappointed with Wales not only this game but across the series. Before the series started I really thought Wales were going to do a job on us TBH. I don't know whether I've underestimated our guys or whether Wales just didn't perform up to their potential.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Oh dear Cardiff. Did you even attempt to comprehend what I posted?

Do you really understand what you post? You go from questioning Joubert to talking about Wales playing better and winning and then condoning the poor display by the Welsh in a key area. Consistancy and reasoning in your posts are a strong point for you aren't they. Bollocks indeed.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Think my previous postings re the demise and retirement of mr mc caw were premature. His day as a flanker may be numbered but he was awesome at #8

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Oh dear Cardiff. Did you even attempt to comprehend what I posted?

Do you really understand what you post? You go from questioning Joubert to talking about Wales playing better and winning and then condoning the poor display by the Welsh in a key area. Consistancy and reasoning in your posts are a strong point for you aren't they. Bollocks indeed.
Did anyone in the stadium understand why the first half was tuned into a kickfest?he was almost even handed in his reffing of the breakdown. Yes the game today was one for fans only but not for want of trying on either coaches part. There were 10000000 examples of rucks in nz game which Joubert would have called a penalty.

Neither team was poor. Neither was given chance to entertain. Result was stalemate. Australia are no where near as poor as you say and neither were wales

I ve no doubt you're a much better coach than gatland. Please post your cv to wru immediately

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Not the prettiest of games but an excellent series. What even more pleasing, and it's something I find very, very exciting is that I get the feel that this series has set in place the beginning of a potentially fantastic rivalry.

Forget the last 48 years in Aus or 8 or nine meetings. That's ancient history. This is new and raw. Close and physical. Two highly talented, young teams set to clash in the years to come. And we have installed the psychological edge.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Great post. Reffing was gash but both teams did best to overcome it. You re right. November in Cardiff will have a new edge to it. Can t wait

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The future. Warbs at 8. Tipuric at flanker.

Tipuric showed some toe today. Impressed with his chase up against Diggers.

Is there something wrong with The Breadman? Fox were calling tales of him vomiting. He has been operating at well below what we saw of him at RWC and in 6N.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Think so. He was well below best. Bit worried about his future. However. I ve seen mc caw today and I think he can make switch too.

P

Paradox

Horne is just not good enough at this level - nearly butchered another try..can't make the gain line..can't bust tackles. TPN still can't throw. Timani should be nowhere near the squad. Kepu didn't do enough today although he been ok in the last 2. Was pleasing to see big Cliff really play himself into the game. Overall ordinary from Oz.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Just quickly, if we play like today on August 18, well my fellow fans, that night will just be a piss up, and I'll have a shit birthday.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Tipuric showed some toe today. Impressed with his chase up against Diggers.

Is there something wrong with The Breadman? Fox were calling tales of him vomiting. He has been operating at well below what we saw of him at RWC and in 6N.

Yeah, threw up liquid on the pitch, serious dose of nausea by the looks.

Ath.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Horne is just not good enough at this level - nearly butchered another try..can't make the gain line..can't bust tackles. TPN still can't throw. Timani should be nowhere near the squad. Kepu didn't do enough today although he been ok in the last 2. Was pleasing to see big Cliff really play himself into the game. Overall ordinary from Oz.
Amazingly from you, it's a NSW conspiracy to undermine Aus rugby. You throw a bone at the end to obfuscate, but clearly they were all the issues. Good then.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Horne on the wing? May be the only solution unless Cyclo has invented a cure for White Line Fever.

numbertwo

Peter Burge (5)
I'm sorry, I'm ridiculously biased but I just don't feel the test team is being picked on form. What does Favy have to do to get a spot. The hardest working lock in Australian rugby rolled in favour of someone with development potential. TPN cannot throw in the lineout: JC what a revelation: he never could! Steven Moore is the best numbertwo in the country by a country mile. The Wallabies attack is limited and predictable: hello there are 8 Waratahs inthe run on squad: the worst team that state has ever put together. Pick a team on form you fucking twats. Sorry for my bad language and typing.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Amazingly from you, it's a NSW conspiracy to undermine Aus rugby. You throw a bone at the end to obfuscate, but clearly they were all the issues. Good then.

Funny thing is that I disagree with paradox that Palu was good! 3 dropped balls in contact, one spilt pass and lazy defense to get in position before the welsh try.

Higgers was also poor for similar reasons. Dennis good when he came on. There was also a definite case for Moore getting a start in one of the tests at least.

Disagree about Kepu though. Thought he only got subbed due to the injury he was carrying and it was Robinson that struggled more at scrum time. Kepu was pretty good.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Horne on the wing? May be the only solution unless Cyclo has invented a cure for White Line Fever.

I don't have an issue with Horne's decision to go for this one, it was his execution that was poor. Stumble stumble then poor ball security at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.