• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs All Blacks 10th August @Optus Stadium Perth

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
So we have two units coming back (Pocock & Samu) both I would guess are competing this week for Jone's spot and another unit in Coleman likely to come in for Simmons (in form a considerable upgrade)

My concern is the reserve forwards being filled with units struggling with injury is a major risk especially against the darkness. One or two forwards go down in the first 10 minutes and we have replacements with little match fitness

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
So we have two units coming back (Pocock & Samu) both I would guess are competing this week for Jone's spot and another unit in Coleman likely to come in for Simmons (in form a considerable upgrade)

My concern is the reserve forwards being filled with units struggling with injury is a major risk especially against the darkness. One or two forwards go down in the first 10 minutes and we have replacements with little match fitness
But if the RWC is our goal and we want them match fit for it we have to play them.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Win back the Bledisloe and knock the kiwis out of the RWC would be as good as a RWC win!

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)

Has Samu been added to the squad?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Has Samu been added to the squad?

I thought so .................... there was a faux sport piece
https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/...r/news-story/0c4f2d14d25bf2b2dcec8d9536e6233a
with this photo ..............

cbc8fd21e5444d3d1699f5037100cd39

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
It reads that he's still on the outer, what we don't know is if he's still injured or has been dropped. But I'm with Hoiles, we'd be mad not to take him to Japan and I'm assuming he's still not 100%, and hopefully will audition v Samoa.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
cbc8fd21e5444d3d1699f5037100cd39

"We just picked you so those c**ts couldn't."
"..... holy shit I hope Richie and the Lancaster Park Stonemasons Guild never see this photo....."

Reactions: Tex

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Really KiwiM, when Luatua got dropped he was playing shit rugby, admittedly he started going alright just before he buggered off overseas, but he was poor for a couple of seasons. Shield and Luatua going overseas, well sad to see both go, but any player that isn't prepared to stay and fight for jersey is not going to cut it, and think Luatua was always going anyway, and Shields turned it down as he had been offered English gig, and he thought there too much opposition for ABs! Barrett is a top class lock and they know what he is capable at 6, so in your world you weaken your lock stocks to strengthen up your 6? Can imagine your screaming about no decent replacement for Lurch if they did that. Hemopo I think would be ok there, not great but ok, I think papalii although a pretty good player stuffs up our lineout.
Haha and Akira??, and you think Fifita is a flat track bully!!!! FFS did you even watch him in super rugby, not ITM cup but Super and for the Maori team? I find it a little hard to take anyone seriously that still thinks Akira should be in ABs, he been named in squad a couple of times for training etc, you ever wondered why he was never kept in there??
I don't think they above criticism, but lets not grab at straws.

Papalii is taller than both Messam and Jerry Collins (and Jacobson for that matter) so i'm not sure how he stuffs up the AB lineout. Saying Luatua was always going is pure conjecture - he only left after being constantly overlooked for the very average Elliot Dixon. Shields turned it down after years and years of being snubbed for the likes of Luke Whitelock (another who has been tried and discarded by the way!). As for Akira - I have no issue with them not picking him in 2019 - however in 2017 he put out 2 class performances at 6 vs the British and Irish Lions and they never picked him - which is fine - but in the meantime the 6 jersey still didn't get solved. As for Scott Barrett - if he was the answer at 6 he would be a starter rather than riding the pine for Retallick and Whitelock constantly and we wouldn't have this issue at 6 we currently have.