• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs All Blacks 10th August @Optus Stadium Perth

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Dempsey is unavailable with a shoulder injury. Not sure how serious but he is unavailable for this match so may really hurt his chances.

He hasn't been dropped though.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
1. Sio
2. FF (Folau Fainga'a)
3. AAA's
4. Rodda
5. Arnold
6. Jones
7. Hooper
8. Naisarani
9. Genia
10. CLL
11. Koroibete
12. Kerevi
13. TK
14. Banks
15. Beale
16. Uelese
17. Slipper
18. Coleman
19. LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)
20. Pocock
21. White
22. JO'C
23. Petaia
Dctarget, 35 minutes ago Report
====
I think for this test a very good selection. I am not for one minute suggesting this is our best XV but rather give those a chance to show what they can offer.
Jones at 6 - yep given first half of year Super Rugby form with no clear option streets ahead on 6 front re: LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) Dempsey - lets see what he offers from starting and give him some decent game time
Banks at 14 - for sure lets see what he can offer on the wing - as Hodge most definitely got a plane ticket for RWC squad plac.
CLL at 10 - again Foley already on the plane so lets confirm again CLL the goods and ready to play 10 in RWC if required etc and indeed whether he could be perhaps even better option starting at 10 than foley (btw I am not someone anti Foley as for my mind with limited options still been best 10 on offer and not his fault we don't have better world class options but also sometimes unfairly tarnished.
16. Uelese instead of Latu - again Latu got his plane ticket 100% for RWC squad place so lets see what Uelese can offer.
18. Without doubt Simmons ahead of Coleman on Super Rugby form but Simmons a book your plane ticket for RWC as far as squad places go while Coleman still fighting for a place so lets see where he is at after injury layoff
20. Pocock - that is just stating the obvious here so why bother
22. JOC (James O'Connor) - for sure lets see what he can offer but please Cheika give him more than the last 10 minutes to state his case
23. Petaia - another that for sure needs to be given game time to see if after injury what can offer for a great talent and make a RWC place as lets face it TK not had much competitive threats while Petaia been out injured.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Am i blind or is there no Pete Samu?

Why would you take Wright over Samu?​
Derpus, 7 minutes ago Report
----------------------
Is Samu still not 100% perhaps as otherwise absolutely despite Wright being a great talent I would have Samu ahead of Wright.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Im guessing Pete Samu would have to still be injured.

It would have to be the only reasonable explanation for his omission.........

The fact Banks was made unavailable for the JID final is possibly a good indication he'll be playing next week.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I’m assuming injury as well. But if Pocock is fit, I don’t know that they’ll take all three of Hooper, Pocock & Samu

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
How many is that? 36.
Remove 5 to come up with your RWC squad.

That is still a difficult question even at this late stage.

Assuming 3 forwards and 2 backs :

- one hooker to be released. At this time would have to say Uelese will miss out because he cannot prove to be injury-free;
- Coleman must be on shaky ground on his form during the year. If he makes it LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) will move to the backrow and one of the other backrowers will miss out, ie, either Valetini or Wright.
- Pocock to miss out if he cannot prove his fitness. If fit, then the other backrower of Valetini and Wright will drop out.

- AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to drop out if Petaia can prove his fitness.
- One of To'omua, Hodge or JOC (James O'Connor) to miss out, but all depends on JOC (James O'Connor) earning his spot. He should be behind both MT and RH atm because he hasn't really had game time to see what his form is like.

It will be unfortunate for either of Valetini or Wright to miss out, but it's starting to look like neither will make it if Poey is fit. They are the future, and arguably as good as any of the alternatives who are going to make it to Japan right now.

Neither of MT nor RH have shown good form this year, but we really have no idea at all yet about the form of JOC (James O'Connor). It won't be decisive whichever misses out.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Coupla late changes to the AB touring party: Josh Ioane took a head knock playing for Otago v Tasman so won't travel, neither will Luke Jacobson who's developed some concussion-like symptoms possibly linked to the injury that kept him out of the last few weeks of Super Rugby.

Vaea Fifita will be on the plane, however, despite losing his younger brother who has drowned in the USA during the week. Condolences to the family.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/a...erth-with-all-blacks-despite-death-of-brother

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
In his final presser pre-flight, Shag said they'll be putting out the top XV this week & there's increasing talk of that including a loose trio of Cane, Read & ASav with the latter packing at 8 for at least attacking scrums.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ pardon the pun but it would leave us a jumper short, assuming you guys will have four targets on the park at any given time.

I haven't seen anyone come up with a snazzy name for a Cane-Read-ASav combo but I did see the dual-pivot experiment labelled the "Beau'unga" the other day, which I thought was reasonably clever.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Saw Luke Jones out last night at a pretty ungodly hour for someone meant to be playing the darkness in a week. Actually not as big as I expected. Also looks about 22 years old.

Uh huh

Alfred Walker (16)
Saw Luke Jones out last night at a pretty ungodly hour for someone meant to be playing the darkness in a week. Actually not as big as I expected. Also looks about 22 years old.

Amazing the difference a good hair hat makes.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I used to see Lachie Turner out almost every weekend.