• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs Barbarians

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
I'll be up. Last game I will ever get to watch Victor Matfield play live.

I will be shedding a few quiet tears over a beer or five.

I already feel like crying.

Probably the best second rower to play the game. I gauge the best players by either how much i love or hate them. With Matfield it is the latter.

Can't go past Eales or OConnell either.

Hate saying this i hope he has a great game.

W

What2040

article in Australian today that Maafu looks like getting the run-on at THP with big Benny A. getting the shunt - bloody hell

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
Lol, sorry about that. I was being serious. For me at least, Matfield is one of those players who I have great respect for but no real animosity against while playing (unlike, say, Richie, who I have great respect for but also 'hate')

I feel exactly the same about Matfield.

I have kind of changed thesedays. There were times that i would love to see players get injured. I have to admit i was jumping for joy when they announced Carter was injured. I felt bad after however.

Richie on the otherhand is a different story for me.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Barbarians team named:
I Toeava; S Tomkins, R Fruean, S Mortlock, B Habana; D Cipriani, P Stringer; E Guinazu, K Mealamu, S Marconnet, S Shaw, V Matfield (capt), J Kaino, M Bergamasco, A Thomson.

Replacements: A Strauss, S Perugini, J White, M Bortolami, N Kenatale, R Kahui, S Rabeni.

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
article in Australian today that Maafu looks like getting the run-on at THP with big Benny A. getting the shunt - bloody hell

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...labies-front-row/story-e6frg7o6-1226202972418
Possible Wallabies team: Adam Ashley-Cooper, Lachie Turner, Rob Horne, Berrick Barnes, Digby Ioane, James O'Connor, Nick Phipps, Ben McCalman, David Pocock, Scott Higginbotham, James Horwill (c), Nathan Sharpe or Rob Simmons, Salesi Ma'afu, Stephen Moore or Tatafu Polota-Nau, James Slipper

And wtf is the point of persisting with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at fullback?

Rob

Sydney Middleton (9)
Not really a great surprise Benny A's scrummaging since coming back from injury has been poor. Maafu may be not better but we wont know till we have a look

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Maafu offers a lot more at set piece time then Benny A , but benny A gets lot more work done around the ground. We have seen they RD like his props to be mobile and get around the ground but Maafu is more of your Power Prop.

It will be interesting to see how he goes both with this tour and the next season with the force. We all saw Dunning turn it around when he made the move so hopefully the Force Fitness group can get a lot of work in to Morfood in the coming months.

Plus it will be nice to actually see a THP with the Number 3 on his back!

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I would like to see Taps and Lucas get a start giving them a chance to stake a claim for next week. A 10,12,13 of JOC (James O'Connor), Taps and Horne could be really potent.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I would like to see Taps and Lucas get a start giving them a chance to stake a claim for next week. A 10,12,13 of JOC (James O'Connor), Taps and Horne could be really potent.

With Turner and Ioane on the wing and Barnes at fullback. I'd be more than happy

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
The Baas shouldn't be putting up too many high balls but if they have watched the Wobs recently they should. Contrariwise, I hope the Wobs have been practising receptions of them.

Wales will hoist them up and watching Preistland for Scarlets v. Nothampton in the Heineken Cup last weekend one realises they have the perfect howitzer to do so.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
15. Adam Ashley-Cooper (NSW Waratahs)
14. Lachie Turner (NSW Waratahs)
13. Rob Horne (NSW Waratahs)
12. Berrick Barnes (NSW Waratahs)
11. Digby Ioane (Queensland Reds)
10. James O’Connor (Melbourne Rebels)
9. Will Genia (Queensland Reds)
8. Ben McCalman (Western Force)
7. David Pocock (Western Force, captain)
6. Scott Higginbotham (Queensland Reds)
5. Nathan Sharpe (Western Force)
4. Rob Simmons (Queensland Reds)
3. Salesi Ma’afu (Brumbies)
2. Tatafu Polota Nau (NSW Waratahs)
1. James Slipper (Queensland Reds)

Run on Reserves:

16. Stephen Moore (Brumbies)
17. Ben Alexander (Brumbies)
18. James Horwill (Queensland Reds)
19. Dave Dennis (NSW Waratahs)
20. Matt Hodgson (Western Force)