• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs Ireland - 3rd test - Saturday 23rd June 2018 - Sydney Football Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
The change in kicking strategies between the first and second tests was a bit eyebrow-raising. It was happening with such regularity that I'm not really certain it can be put up to simply "decision making" when multiple guys are doing it, repeatedly, despite it also failing pretty much every time they tried to do it.

Forwards also stopped competing at the contact zone as a group and the teeth of our defense fell out almost completely.

Not really sure why we struggle so much to just do things the same as we had done them before, especially when the playing group is demonstrably capable of executing.
I dunno man, the intensity and desire with which we played that first test seemed like it would be very difficult to replicate. I didn't think the out of hand kicking was any good the week before either. Other parts of our game compensated for it.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
DgL6f2kUcAAMPA_.jpg

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
I dunno man, the intensity and desire with which we played that first test seemed like it would be very difficult to replicate. I didn't think the out of hand kicking was any good the week before either. Other parts of our game compensated for it.

My memory may be totally wrong but I don't remember any exit bomb attempts in the first test.

To me the difference was that quality of kicking out of hand sucked in both games but what looked like our deliberate tactics sucked much more in the second test.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Hanigan's inclusion should get some people leaping to their keyboards!!!
Offers nothing, Cheika's favourites, too many Tahs!!!
Get into it fellas :)

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
So Australia have two 7's and Ireland have no 7's. Let's see how important a traditional openside really is this week.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
So Australia have two 7's and Ireland have no 7's. Let's see how important a traditional openside really is this week.

Well, if Furlong keeps his clean out game on point i suspect not very.

dru

Tim Horan (67)

It's not the first time we have been through this.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Why does Ireland use their unusual sequence of players in their official announcement?
1 to 15 is usual.
15 to 1 is understandable
15 to 9 then 1 to 8 has me scratching my head.

Is it part of "If you want to get to Dublin then I wouldn't start from here" logic?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
After a week of pretty miserable weather in Sydney the sun is out and the forecast for today and tomorrow is fine.

Will be a little chilly tomorrow night but conditions should be perfect for rugby.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
After a week of pretty miserable weather in Sydney the sun is out and the forecast for today and tomorrow is fine.

Will be a little chilly tomorrow night but conditions should be perfect for rugby.
Won't be as cold as Melbourne last weekend. Most layers I have ever worn to AAMI park

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Is there any curtain raiser or pre game entertainment? I am taking the family and are a little concerned there will be zero activities to entertain the kids. I saw something about getting a photo with a trophy but surely that yawnathon doesnt pass as pre game entertainment. I also hope during stoppages of play they play some music to get the crowd pumping. $1m says they wont.

Status
Not open for further replies.