• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs Italy - 25th Nov

Status
Not open for further replies.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
LIVE on Network TEN from 12:45am AEDT
LIVE on Fox Sports 2HD & 2 from 1:00am AEDT

Hooper has to start after his game last week. Pocock probably onto the bench in place of Gill. The only other change i'm hoping for is Moore to start as well after another concussion to TPN. Give the bloke a break and put Chibba Hanson on the bench.

Wobs by 15

chequebalance

Bill Watson (15)
Ok I will say wouldn't hurt to rest him. I am sure they would all love to play every game you are right, but would hate to see the cries of mismanagement and poor player rotation thrown at the coaches if he breaks down in a few games time, especially when you have a player of Pocock's caliber raring to go. If Pocock is under done well of course he should not play this game, but he has to play eventually as he deserves a shot at getting his jersey back. Oh and we have Gill, Gill is there as well.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Higgers straight to 6 and Neville on the bench to spell Sharpe if/when we have a safe lead. Pocock onto the bench (tough on Gill but his time will come).
Moore to start. Is Douglas available for this one?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
My Team for this game

1, Robbo
2, Moore
3, Alexander
4, Timani
5, Sharpe
6, Higgers
7, Hooper
8, Palu
9, Sheehan - Phipps had a good run to set up the try but his passing is still very poor
10, Beale
11, Ioane
12, Tapuai
13, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14, Cummins
15, Barnes

16, Hanson - TPN needs a break - lying prone on the ground for 10 seconds a game isn't a good look
17, Slipper
18, Kepu
19, Douglas/Neville/Dennis - In that order of availability
20, Pocock - Has to earn his way back into the team
21, Phipps
22, Fainga'a
23, Mitchell

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think Dennis will keep his starting spot after a much improved performance against the English. I think that was his best test.

Moore will replace TPN in the starting side but apart from that I don't foresee any changes to the starting XV.

chequebalance

Bill Watson (15)
I think Pocock has already earned the right to be back in the team by virtually carrying us for a season +. Not saying that Hooper hasn't been playing superbly, but it is almost like people have already decided that Hooper is number 1. What happens when Kev is fit and Sharpe is gone? People will be pushing for him to play on mere rumors he is ready to go! Pocock deserves a chance to start a few matches and show what he can do and the last 2 tour matches I see as the best time to do it. If he doesn't perform he will be dropped in due course. Saying that I am looking forward to the battle! There is no better way to see what a champion is made of then by questioning his standing.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Are douglas and Pocock fit?

This would be my team:

1, Fatcat
2, Moore
3, Alexander
4, Timani
5, Sharpe
6, Higgers
7, Hooper
8, Palu
9, Sheehan
10, Beale
11, Ioane
12, Tapuai
14, Cummins
15, Barnes

16, Hanson
17, Slipper
18, Kepu
19, Douglas/Neville
20, Pocock
21, Phipps
22, Harris
23, Mitchell

With Hanson, Douglas, Pocock and Mitchell getting considerable game time.

Wallabies by 5-10 points.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
I think this game will be tougher than the game against the poms. Watching them against the ABs, they gave it 100% for the whole game and did not kick away possession needlessly (mostly). I think the wobs had better not have one of their alternate performance games.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I think Pocock has already earned the right to be back in the team by virtually carrying us for a season +. Not saying that Hooper hasn't been playing superbly, but it is almost like people have already decided that Hooper is number 1. What happens when Kev is fit and Sharpe is gone? People will be pushing for him to play on mere rumors he is ready to go! Pocock deserves a chance to start a few matches and show what he can do and the last 2 tour matches I see as the best time to do it. If he doesn't perform he will be dropped in due course. Saying that I am looking forward to the battle! There is no better way to see what a champion is made of then by questioning his standing.

By the same argument you could say Hooper has the right to keep his spot after carrying the Wobs pretty much this whole season. That is only a slight exageration. He was the sole player on a couple of occasions that bettered his opposite. Would have been a long TRC without him.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hooper and TPN need a rest. I also want to see how Gill goes starting. Same with Mitchell, I'm not dropping Cummins but Mitchell was the best winger in the world in 2010 he's been back for 6 weeks and gets the last 10 mins of each game where we don't get to see how good he currently is. He has to outperform Cummins' Twickers game to keep the spot.

1. Robinson
2. Moore
3. Alexander
4. Timani
5. Sharpe
6. Higginbotham
7. Gill
8. Palu
9. Sheehan
10. Beale
11. Ioane
12. Tapuai
13. Ashely-Cooper
14. Mitchell
15. Barnes

16. Hanson
17. Kepu
18. Slipper
19. Dennis
20. Pocock
21. Phipps
22. Harris
23. Cummins

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
My Team for this game

1, Robbo
2, Moore
3, Alexander
4, Timani
5, Sharpe
6, Higgers
7, Hooper
8, Palu
9, Sheehan - Phipps had a good run to set up the try but his passing is still very poor
10, Beale
11, Ioane
12, Tapuai
14, Cummins
15, Barnes

16, Hanson - TPN needs a break - lying prone on the ground for 10 seconds a game isn't a good look
17, Slipper
18, Kepu
19, Douglas/Neville/Dennis - In that order of availability
20, Pocock - Has to earn his way back into the team
21, Phipps
22, Fainga'a
23, Mitchell

I like that team. Italy have been quite competitive, and we need to come out all guns blazing. One thing I would really like to see is the Wobs putting a team to the sword, if we are in position to do so. I think we will really have a tough one this week though, it's a gut feeling.

T

tranquility

Someone needs to take Cummins jersey away from him, not be handed it after the game of his life.

Badger for 13 in 13'.

Status
Not open for further replies.