• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs Italy - 25th Nov

Status
Not open for further replies.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
It's not really relevant to the present discussion but the half with the cleanest pass I've seen in a long while is the Rebel's Nick Stirzaker. (And to anticipate those who think I have a fixation, yes, he does also play for Sydney Uni.)

Everybody has tickets on Stirzaker Bruce, you're not alone.

But then again, as you'll remember everyone had tickets on Phipps when he was a Sydney Uni 1st XVer, 7s star, and Wallaby tourist.

I think everybody is just obsessed with the next new shiny player.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Everybody has tickets on Stirzaker Bruce, you're not alone.

But then again, as you'll remember everyone had tickets on Phipps when he was a Sydney Uni 1st XVer, 7s star, and Wallaby tourist.

I think everybody is just obsessed with the next new shiny player.
I think too many people get carried away watching No 9's and No 10's playing well behind dominant forward packs.
They get front foot ball, delivered on a platter to attack back peddling defence.
The real test comes when their forwards are getting smashed, they're fed sloppy scraps and are going backwards.
It's whether they can get into position in attack after opposition teams have attempted to exhaust them defensively by running plays at them.
That's when you can tell if they can play.

Status
Not open for further replies.