• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs Italy - 25th Nov

Status
Not open for further replies.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Lots of people said this would happen in 2012 but if anything, TPN has closed the gap on Moore again and put considerable distance between them and the third and fourth choice hookers, Fainga'a and Hanson.

arguably closed the gap.....Iand if he did its more likely because moore would have been close to the best hooker in the world on form last year but TPN hasn't really improved himself in nay aspects of his game.... if anything his explosiveness has gone down.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
qwert51 it was the whole game that was the problem.

Enforcer, I was watching the game with two players at the time of the test and they brought it up, not me, and not for the first time. So blow it out your you know what. There is no reason for me to lie about this, I have no axe to grind against TPN but I do think he is the softest forward in the pack at the moment. People doubter why I said that so I posted a video of just 1 example there are others! People will make their own calls on the situations he has during a vast majority of his games. Mine is clear and yours is clear obviously.

Were these current test or super rugby players?

Why are you the only one who's heard this astounding revaluation if it's "not for the first time"?

Floggn'

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Enforcer they are current players. I'm obviously not going to say who they are or at what level they are plus it wouldn't matter to you or anyone else here. If I did name them, you wouldn't believe me anyway. I am not the only one who has heard these 'revelations' not revaluations.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I am not sure how two opposing super rugby players suggesting TPN is soft or fakes injury is any more compelling than someone watching a game and suggesting the same.

If they were teammates who had been specifically told by TPN that he pretends to be knocked out or something then it would carry more weight.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Enforcer they are current players. I'm obviously not going to say who they are or at what level they are plus it wouldn't matter to you or anyone else here. If I did name them, you wouldn't believe me anyway. I am not the only one who has heard these 'revelations' not revaluations.

I hope your correction of my autocorrect (despite obviously understanding exactly what I meant) made you feel intellectually superior. I'm sure I could go back over your posts and nitpick something.

I never asked you to name names, but I'm glad these 'current players' (who may be current wallabies or subbies players) apparently prove your point of view that you are not the only one to have heard (despite the lack of support suggesting the contrary).

I don't find controversial views offensive but I do find bloke who argue like you offensive. It's a discussion forum mate, not a platform for arguments (apparently you don't understand the difference).

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
I know some current players who have stated that people who claim they are passing on information from other current players have generally no idea what they are talking about.
And when I pointed out that is a bit of a contradiction they just said to say we all could trust them as they were really current at high levels so it all works out.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I know some current players who have stated that people who claim they are passing on information from other current players have generally no idea what they are talking about.
And when I pointed out that is a bit of a contradiction they just said to say we all could trust them as they were really current at high levels so it all works out.

Don't question them, they'll disprove you with a youtube video.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Bit heated...this a fun read.
Always said that first hand experience is the only proof .....so all those who think he's "soft" please feel free to stand in the middle of the SFS and ask the said individual to run at them. Shouldnt be too much of an issue......

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If you wanted to paint TPN as a softy, citing actual things that happened like his Mum turning up at the airport before the RWC to say goodbye would be better ammunition in my opinion.

It would also be irrelevant but at least it carries more weight than "Um, he's soft. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Tatafu Polota-Nau pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious."

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
As a proffesional rugby player myself, i don't think he is 'soft'

but i do find it annoying that he can play a fantastic game one week then be shit for the next two due to some sort of niggle

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
It's funny, I'm not a professional rugby player, so I wouldn't know about hard or soft in that sense. But I am an international diamond thief, and as we all know diamond is the hardest material in the world.

So with that in mind I can conclusively say that Phipps isn't soft. And I have a video of a video that backs this up.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It's funny, I'm not a professional rugby player, so I wouldn't know about hard or soft in that sense. But I am an international diamond thief, and as we all know diamond is the hardest material in the world.

So with that in mind I can conclusively say that Phipps isn't soft. And I have a video of a video that backs this up.

simpsons-lionel-hutz.jpg

I rest my case. I mean case closed.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)

I have a series of Tivos of Test Matches that show Phipp's pass is too slow getting started, sometimes thrown to hard, and almost always wildly inaccurate. I would capture them on my phone but every time I see him wearing gold I throw up in my mouth a little bit.

Floggn'

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I hope your correction of my autocorrect (despite obviously understanding exactly what I meant) made you feel intellectually superior. I'm sure I could go back over your posts and nitpick something.

I never asked you to name names, but I'm glad these 'current players' (who may be current wallabies or subbies players) apparently prove your point of view that you are not the only one to have heard (despite the lack of support suggesting the contrary).

I don't find controversial views offensive but I do find bloke who argue like you offensive. It's a discussion forum mate, not a platform for arguments (apparently you don't understand the difference).

Enforcer. How do you define calling someone a liar a discussion?? Mate I was raising issues and points, sure they were controversial and to some offensive as you say, I had with a player in a team I support. You were the one coming back with accusations and jibes at me so I am not going to idly by and let you have all the fun. I take your point about how I said if you can't see it then you never will and you will excuses for him until he retires. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. The video as stated was amateur and done quickly to help me illustrate what I was saying, sorry if I'm not Steven Spielberg. I have taken back in previous posts that he was a faker however I still believe that he is soft and a liability to the team I support.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
I think you'd find his supporters (i.e. me) would agree he's been unnoteable as a test halfback throughout his stint and has probably had a bad test or two but this mythical theory he's been notably bad or a major part of us losing is ridiculous. His play in general has simply not been that bad and for those looks for specific proof remember he's come up with key passes for tries against Argentina in the GC, Italy, and England.

His 'poor' passing is still equal and/or better than Burgeo at a similar time in his test career. I'd remind you that everybody was crying for him to return.

He's not currently test starting standard for the 3rd best nation in the world that's for sure but I'd argue he's no worse than Youngs, who many of us rate highly.
Nice balanced response.
I don't disagree with your thoughts about the other half backs around at this time.
I just feel we currently have a very ordinary bunch of back-ups to Genia, and expect someone or sometwo to emerge and surpass the existing group.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
It's not really relevant to the present discussion but the half with the cleanest pass I've seen in a long while is the Rebel's Nick Stirzaker. (And to anticipate those who think I have a fixation, yes, he does also play for Sydney Uni.)

Status
Not open for further replies.