• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs Kangaroos ?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chief

RugbyFuture said:
chief said:
RugbyFuture said:
cash is a comparitive figure, if league, rugby's main competitior gets the same amount of cash, it does nothing for our game.

I think you're League hating antics have clouded the argument. It's not about which code is more richer, the money could be split between the Super Rugby teams, and upgrading venues or such, or developing Rugby towns.

and league would match that money with pouring the money into those same towns which rugby was trying to take, thus keeping it equal.

Mate I don't want to go economics all over your ass. But League's money will go to keeping players, Union's could go to the Reds paying off their debt and such. It isn't all about being in direct competition with League, and ensuring that Rugby wins. I love Rugby, and I don't ever watch League, in fact the last time I watched a game was when Australia lost their supposed World Cup to NZ, I didn't have any feelings about it, in fact I found it incredibly amusing. For Rugby in Australia its not about beating League, it's about keeping it alive. Let's face the harsh reality that Rugby in Australia will struggle for a long time, until some of its rules are changed, and its public perception is changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.