• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies vs Wales - Docklands Stadium June 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Beale could return via the bench, depending on his shoulder and the incident last week.

We could well see Rebel teammates face off against one another in Vuna/Beale & Delve.

There is a session today at Punt Rd Oval, between 10:30am-11:30pm.

*I'll be posting details of a pre-game meetup for those going, on Wednesday.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
What I would like to see
1. Slipper
2. Moore
3. Kepu
4. Sharpe
5. Simmons
6. Higgenbotham
7. Pocock (C)
8. Mowen
9. Genia
10. Beale
11. Ioane
12. Barnes
13. McCabe
14. Shipperly
15. Ashley-Cooper

16. TPN
17. Palmer
18. Neville/Dennis
19. Hooper
20. White
21. Fainga'a/Horne
22. Morahan

What Dingo will pick
1. Robinson
2. Moore
3. Kepu
4. Sharpe
5. Simmons
6. Higgenbotham
7. Pocock
8. Palu
9. Genia
10. Barnes
11. Ioane
12. McCabe
13. Horne
14. Vuna
15. Ashley-Cooper

16. TPN
17. Alexander
18. Dennis
19. Hooper
20. White
21. Harris/Fainga'a
22. Beale

- After last week I don't think Horne deserves a starting spot for botching that try. Deans has alot of man love for him though.
- Barnes is 12 and always should be, his encouraging performance last week at 10 should not take away from that. He was behind Beale in the pecking order before Beale's injury and one performance shouldn't change that.
- If Beale is fit, he should start without question. Ideally at 15 but I would prefer him at 10 for this test.
- Vuna wasn't impressive and Deans did pull him off the field towards the end. His defence is a massive liability and Digby really made him look bad in attack too. I don't see a problem with starting Shipperly.
- I really hope he doesn't pick two centres on the bench this time, the 22 jersey should be an outside back, end of story.
- We really need a reserve lock

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Why would you drop Robinson?

Also, I think Harris was picked as place-kicking and flyhalf back-up. A necessary result of the casualties at 10. If Beale isn't fit, I would expect to see him picked again.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I would pick the same team, except for Moore coming back into the starting side to improve the front row...

Need to build some consistency from last week and mass changes won't be necessary.

Even if Beale is declared fit to play I would bring him off the bench and drop Harris...

W

What2040

Why would you drop Robinson?

Also, I think Harris was picked as place-kicking and flyhalf back-up. A necessary result of the casualties at 10. If Beale isn't fit, I would expect to see him picked again.

Because he was very average around park and actually same at scrums - 2 penalties in first half. Don't know about Palmer as yet - still only 3 tackles in Scots game. If we are going to dominate in the piggies surely we need front row players that can do the work - otherwise too much falls on the other members of the pack.

Moore is a definite as he is a tightie who does the work of a loosie. TPN to impact off the bench

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Slim,

This is robbie we are talking about. We are probably likely to see Alexander come into th with slipper on the bench!

Also I agree with what some are saying and Robinson is no longer untouchable. Both slipper and Alexander have been better across the s15 season.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Slim,

This is robbie we are talking about. We are probably likely to see Alexander come into th with slipper on the bench!

Also I agree with what some are saying and Robinson is no longer untouchable. Both slipper and Alexander have been better across the s15 season.
With Cowan out performing them all but he cant get a look in.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Swap Moore and Tatafu.
Palmer in for Kepu (if injured)
Slipper for Alexander
Fainga'a for Horne
Beale for Harris (if fit)
Timani for Bench (5:2 split, should be Pyle or Douglas but Deans is retarded)

If Beale is fit I'd have a 5:2 split, if not stay with a 4:3 and have Dennis cover lock. I find it ridiculous that he is having to play there anyway.

Shipperely for Vuna is another change I think alot of us would prefer to see.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Just watched the game again, and while I agree that Moore deserves to start instead of tpn, tpn was probably the best of the starting front row. Robinson had the least impact but is likely to be saved by Kepu's injury. Also Vuna has to go. His defense was non-existent. His missed tackles would be high, but if you count the times he didn't even touch the player it would be off this planet.

I suspect that Beale will not be available for one reason or the other, so changes likely to be limited to 3 (Moore, slipper/Alexander, shipperley).

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's not only Vuna's tackling that's the problem, but his positioning and ability under the high ball...

We already have one winger in Ioane who can't catch a high ball....... 2 is too many......

A

AlexH

I think Wales are going to target Vuna in this weekend if he runs on. They would be silly not to.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
If the score was 50-0 Wallabies, I would actually love to see the Welsh give Cuthbert the ball every 5 minutes and let him run at Vuna. He is bloody exciting to watch IMO, got some super speedy shoes on and it would really spell the end of Vuna for a while.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Top player and in great form in club footie - and was noticeably better than the injured North.

Status
Not open for further replies.